-
AuthorContent
azurebloom
Topeka, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 24, 2005
2:56 PM

Post #1646134

Found DG late last night while Googling for info about refinishing my hardwood floors. Eureka! What a great resource! I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with you you good folks.

~AB

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

July 24, 2005
9:11 PM

Post #1646885

Welcome from Ottawa, Canada.
What are your major interests in gardening?

Ann
azurebloom
Topeka, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 25, 2005
12:28 AM

Post #1647231

Hello, Ann!

Thank you for the warm greeting. How wonderful to find a place where we can read about gardening successes and challenges from all over the world. I see we're a mere Zone apart, even though we live in different countries.

As for my gardening interests... I'm interested in perennials, primarily. My challenge is finding plants that can take temperature extremes on both ends of the spectrum. (It was 102 degrees F with a heat index of 110 today!) My lot has more sun than shade and is fairly small. I see you have a keen interest in hostas. I was lucky to inherit a few mature hostas (see a picture of the biggest, here http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=1646729) and have planted a few more in the interim. I'm just now getting to the place where I can spend a little more time working in the yard... if only the weather would cool down a bit!

Also, I'm excited about learning from all of the info you DGers so generously post here and I'm hoping to make good use of the garden journal function here so that I can have a record of what's worked and what hasn't.
Cheryl_IL

(Zone 5b)

July 25, 2005
1:05 AM

Post #1647303

Welcome to Daves Garden!
azurebloom
Topeka, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 25, 2005
3:59 AM

Post #1647651

Thanks, Cheryl. :)

Loved seeing all of the various succulents in your journal. They're all so beautifully unique and remind me of elegant little bonsais.

~ AB
HERBIE43
Rutland , MA
(Zone 5b)

July 25, 2005
10:26 PM

Post #1649326

greetings from upstate new york
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

July 27, 2005
11:59 PM

Post #1654443

HI WELCOME FROM oK. HERE .BEEN THRU THERE FEW TIMES.. HAVE FUN HERE. GREAT SITE..
cuckoo4rblackbe
Savannah, MO
(Zone 5b)

August 19, 2005
10:48 PM

Post #1705008

azurebloom Hello and welcome from northwestern Missouri. You will find Dave's a great place to be. I'm fairly new too and am really enjoying lots of the many things to do here at Dave's. Great bunch of folks here to answer your questions if you need it.

cuckoo
nanajo23
Homewood, IL

May 12, 2008
6:58 PM

Post #4941500

Hi! We'll be relocating to the KC area this year, and renting while we build a house. So it will be next spring before I really start planting. I'm so excited to have found DG! It looks like we'll be in Shawnee, and I have so many questions I don't know where to begin.
I know a lot of what I want, but know I'd like some help from a landscape designer - anyone have ideas on how to work together?
I'm already planning - have to have some fun if I can't plant! I'm starting with trees - any experience with Evodia (like do they really atrract a lot of bees or is one specimen plant ok?
How about Stewartia v. Franklinia? Redvein Enhianthus?
And does anyone know an evergreen that will only grow to about 12' high?
I'll finally be able to have everything I want, but don't know much about what growns best there. We'll be on a hill with best iew to the West, NOW, and the front of the house will be SE - it's a Mediterranean ranch with tile roof, U-shaped in front, and I have no idea what to do in front.
Planning as many roses as I can handle. And I'd love to volunteer at the KC Rose Garden - last time I saw it, it needed lots of help.
Any and all responses welcome! Thanks
Dix
1LittleRed
Julian, CA
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2008
8:52 AM

Post #5342300

Welcome azurebloom from Julian, CA. I also am trying to plant things that can handle both hot summers and cold winters. I've planted 17 or 18 trees this year! So we will see how they do this winter, so far they are doing well! Im new here and learning but I have been putting things in my Journal if you want to take a look.
:) Smiling !
libellule
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2008
1:10 PM

Post #5342996

Welcome to dAves Garden, AB.
You are sure to find most anything you need to know on the forums here. If you can't find it, ask and someone is always willing to point you in the right direction.
amuckey
Robinson, KS
(Zone 5b)

September 29, 2008
1:04 AM

Post #5611096

Hello azurebloom. I'm also from NE Kansas... so I was surprised to see NEK when I was looking down through the posts. I'm also new to DG... what a wonderful site. I LOVE IT!!!!

I have an uncle & aunt that live in Topeka. Might run into you sometime... ;-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM
*Newbie* From Alaska! PolarIce_AK 19 Mar 18, 2008 4:25 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America