Can you recommend a reliable source

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

for cercis canadensis Forest Pansy?

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

I got mine from Forrest Farm. Healthy plants!

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Magnolia Garden Nursery, 45 miles northwest of Houston, has it in two sizes
http://www.magnoliagardensnursery.com/productdescrip/Cercis_Forest.html
It is a wholesale nursery only. Contact a local nursery and ask if they will order it for you.

Northeast Harbor, ME

Fairweather Gardens has 4-5 footers listed. I've always had good luck with their material.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Here's the PlantScout rundown: http://davesgarden.com/ps/search.php?search_text=forest+pansy&submit=Search

I went to Greenwood Nursery last summer (I was in the area and invited myself over ;o) If they're shipping out the trees I saw, you won't be disappointed - they were very large and healthy-looking.

I picked up a ~1.5" caliper (5' or so) 'Forest Pansy' last spring from a nursery in the McMinnville area. It bloomed great this spring (before the cold snap came through and knocked everything back a month...) Good luck in your search - I think you'll really like the spring foliage on 'Forest Pansy'!

Hawthorne, FL(Zone 8b)

Greenwood is okay, though not always the cheapest -- it depends what you're buying, and I haven't looked at that cultivar (though I should: the generic C. canadensis puts on a show ever year here). Get a free membership from them and you get a bit of a discount on orders.

ForestFarm has always been good in my experience, though this year I have a plant from them that seems to be dead, dead, dead... the buds haven't opened, must drop them a line. It astounds me how they can grow so many things well. (Some rosarians have claimed that they've got some of their species roses mis-identified and won't listen to people trying to correct them, but that is about the worst thing I've heard: the R. sericea pteracantha [Wingthorn, impossible to mis-identify] I bought from them earlier this year has gone from buds to blooms and lots of ferny-looking foliage.)

Mark., rambling

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.