Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Our Newest Giant Swallowtail

Port Saint Lucie, FL(Zone 9b)

We are raising a few different species and thought would share. This Giant Swallowtail was just releases into our garden

Thumbnail by Maydreams27
Port Saint Lucie, FL(Zone 9b)

Here's another of the same Butterfly

Thumbnail by Maydreams27
Dothan,, AL(Zone 8a)

Thank you for posting. I have these all over my backyard and wanted to know the name.

I guess I need to spend more time at Dave's Garden and less on another Garden place that I am a memeber of.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL well, Mimidi, you're welcome to visit here--but bring along some photos of all your giant swallowtails. That would be fabulous!

Mimidi--do you have host plants for the giant swallowtails? Just wondering. Would love to get some here, but they aren't so common....

The Villages, FL(Zone 9a)

The Giant Swallowtails here like our Orange Tree, but ignore the lemon and key lime plants.

Houston, TX

Maydreams, evidently my posting last night got lost. Regardless, the pic's you have posted above are not of a Giant ST. They are instead of a female Eastern Black Swallowtail (in my considered opinion).

Attached for reference is a side shot of a Giant, showing both dorsal and ventral views.

Rod (mate of 8)

Thumbnail by catbird8

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.