Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: sedum?

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 5, Views: 112
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gabrielle

(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2001
3:38 AM

Post #7748

Is this some sort of sedum, and does anyone know what kind? My Mom always called it "pot of gold," but I can find no information on it. It is about 6 inches high in groundcover form, and has 1/2 inch blooms. Blooms in mid May in zone 5.

Thumbnail by Gabrielle
Click the image for an enlarged view.

GrannyLois
Elizabethton (Stoney, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 4, 2001
3:40 AM

Post #90103

I just brought back several pieces of that from Wisconsin. Don't know the name, but it survived the plane trip and the replanting really well.
Baa

July 4, 2001
6:37 AM

Post #90140

Sedum acre, its a wild flower here in the UK we call it stonecrop
Gabrielle

(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2001
4:02 PM

Post #90253

In some pictures of sedum acre the foliage looks different. In others, I can't tell. Are there varieties of sedum acre that have the same foliage as mine?
Baa

July 4, 2001
7:27 PM

Post #90337

Gabrielle

The wild form here has exactly the same leaves as the one pictured whihc is why I identified it that way :)
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2001
8:21 PM

Post #90364

This is different than the plant I know as sedum acre. I have this one (tho I don't know it's true ID) and s.acre also. They have dfferent leaves and this plant grows much faster. I have a good shot of the s.acre foliage I'll post here for you to see.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America