Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Roses: Good morning rose lovers

Communities > Forums > Roses
bookmark
Forum: RosesReplies: 5, Views: 313
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2001
12:56 PM

Post #7770

And a Happy 4th of July to you. I wanted to share my 'rose' moment with you. Some of you know that I have just moved into a new house with no garden but some woods. Well I have just planted my first rose!!! I am ecstatic!! Naturally it was climbing Iceberg :-) I have three more Icebergs to plant when the beds are ready - two are the shrub form. I also have the white Majic Carpet which I will plant today. Hopefully this is my last move and at my age I surely want it to be :-)
cazique
Wewahitchka, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2001
7:45 PM

Post #90351

A beautiful spot to settle. I love everywhere in Va I've ever seen.
sunflower
Olive Branch, MS
(Zone 7b)

July 4, 2001
11:50 PM

Post #90415

I'm glad that you finally have a place to call "yours". There's nothing like realizing that dream, and being able to mold and shape the property to your own vision. I'm sure your gardens will be lovely!

Check out some hybrid musks for those shady spots. Roses can grow just about everywhere!
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2001
12:59 AM

Post #90438

sunflower where have you been? Missed your posts lately. Yes, I need some tough roses for a warm south/west wind and know that rugosas are the only way to go for that postion. Will hopefully find some and get the beds ready for fall/winter/spring planting.
michele5000
Joshua Tree, CA
(Zone 8b)

July 9, 2001
7:40 AM

Post #92195

Louisa, It sounds like you are settling in nicely to your new home. I have Iceberg too! One of my favorites. You know it the only rose the Nat'l Rose Association rates a 10! And for good reason. It takes a liking and keeps on ticking. And the scent is wonderful too.
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2001
12:24 PM

Post #92222

I agree Mich and a good morning to you :-) Right now I'm busy picking off the Japanese beetles and although they have made a mess of the flowers, something is making a worse mess of the leaves. But I'm sticking to picking off the large bugs and spraying with soap and water for the other devils. I think it's working! Another great rose, which worked remarkably well in the humidity here is Graham Thomas - it grew so fast and large in my last garden that it could easily have been used for a climber. I miss it!!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Roses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Rose Bush Called Betty Boop Carol7 20 Jun 5, 2014 10:15 AM
Rose Hip/Seed Question Bloomer 7 Oct 23, 2009 10:35 PM
I Maimed my Zepherine Droughin Climber! :o( gardenwife 20 Jul 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Bayer Rose & Flower Care paulgrow 27 Sep 19, 2012 6:34 AM
Any such thing as a blue rose? discodancer4 11 Mar 7, 2010 11:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America