Hello from the Caribbean

Vieques, PR(Zone 11)

Hubby and I live on the small island of Vieques just east of Puerto Rico. We have just started a massive landscaping project for our 1 acre parcel and will actively be asking for trades, obviouisly mostly tropical or anything that will be hardy in zone 11. We look forward to all suggestions to the many questions I am sure we will ask since we are quite new to this zone.

Karen

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi Karen thats great welcome will love to see picutes to .I know has to be beautiful there...

Twyla

(Zone 5b)

Welcome to Daves Garden!

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi and welcome you will enjoy!!! .........Sharon

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

hello from upstate new york. would love to see some pics of your property.

Vieques, PR(Zone 11)

Here ya go...

Thumbnail by knotimpaired
(Zone 5b)

ohmygosh that's beautiful!

Vieques, PR(Zone 11)

Thanks.

We have an acre and are concentrating this year on landscaping. Last year was getting it built.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi and welcome to Dave's Garden . I hope to see you in the other forums. Take care.
Patti

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

the property is simply beautiful. thanks

Yates City, IL(Zone 5a)

boy howdy!!! Nice place there...welcome here...dd

Weslaco, TX(Zone 9b)

Welcome!!Hi there, that's a lovely piece of land you have there. I lived 8yrs in Puerto Rico in the 70's. Never had it that good. Never knew Vieques was that beautiful or I would have been over. I am a new member myself.I really enjoy this site and know you will too!

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Mommie,Knotimpaired is no longer a member here.if you click on her name you will see the membership info.

Pacific Palisades, CA

Karen,

You have a georgeous property and your possibilities for landscape design are tremendous. I work for a landscape company in Southern California and working in a project with tropicals would be a dream job for me!! I am currently working on a succulent planter and retaining wall at the slope below our house and enjoying it a great deal.
Good luck with yours and welcome to DG.

Patricia

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

I love the sail shades! Been there, (Vieques), many times as a youth. My uncle owned a bed & breakfast on a hill there until hurricane Hugo, (a category 5 monster), wiped it out. Excellent snorkeling. Always fascinated by the dolphins, (or are they porpoises), racing the ferry from Fajardo. Best of luck to you and yours. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.