Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Greenhouse: Santa Barbara Greenhouses?

Communities > Forums > Greenhouse
bookmark
Forum: GreenhouseReplies: 8, Views: 378
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mysticwill
Brookhaven, PA
(Zone 7a)

September 3, 2005
1:08 PM

Post #1737083

http://www.sbgreenhouse.com/

Anyone have one? Anyone nearby there? I am REALLY interested in purchasing from this company. Their prices are really reasonable, offer layaway(they offer LAYAWAY! LAYAWAY I TELL YOU!!), and free shipping if ordered by Nov.1 which would save me $400-600 in freight charges (and I called this offer is good WITH layaway as well!)

Are they too good to be true? There is no feedback for them in the Garden watchdog...SO help me out...

Anyone have the lexan or flat plastic material in area that have about 6 inches of snow on the ground in winter (that's average - sometimes 12, sometimes none, sometimes a blizzard and 16-20 but we are getting a lot less snow than 20 years ago) I am in South East Pa and would love to hear about the material and how it stands up to winter. I'm not worried about the redwood too much(they offer LAYAWAY!!). Aldo the gentleman I spoke with was VERY nice! He was very helpful and said that After installation you can call back with any problems and they will halp you out.

Also they have a package deal where you get the greenhouse, a pair of redwood benches, Automatic Mist System, Exhaust Fan, Thermostat, Heavy Duty Heater, Automatic Shutter, Sunscreen Shade Cloth.

DO I need all that? Dumb question I know (depends on what I am growing) BUT I want to be able to start seeds in spring, overwinter tenders (I dream of a Bird of paradise), have more space for propagation all season and maybe grow some veggies a little longer. Not tomatoes though - we never use them all as it is.

I would really love to see one in operation (any greenhouse really) Does anyone around Philly have one they can show off and give me some pointers??

I am REALLY wanting Santa to pack a greenhouse on his sleigh for me... Thanks for your time all!

Heather
shellyp98
petersburg, KY
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2005
6:34 PM

Post #1745561

check out www.cedarbuilt.homestead.com, they have some nice one too. I've been looking for a greenhouse and can't make up my mind.
shelly
mysticwill
Brookhaven, PA
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2005
9:02 PM

Post #1745778

They are WAY more expensive than Santa Barbra
SarahUCM
Santa Cruz, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 26, 2008
4:58 PM

Post #5163079

We've been looking into getting one from Santa Barbara as well. They look really nice and the company seems really helpful. Didn't know about the layaway thing though... that sounds great! Now to decide which one...
BJPUMP
Steamboat Springs, CO

April 5, 2009
7:15 PM

Post #6368112

The package deal looks good. I have been trying to call them and recording states all lines are busy, 5 times now. I have not been able to talk to anyone yet.
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2009
4:32 PM

Post #6372434

For your weather, make sure to get the double wall poly carbonate panels, and you will need the heater in the cold weather. Metal conducts cold, the wood would be better if you can afford it. The included items are all very helpful, you might want to add a 2nd vent window depending on the size. I ended up getting a Rion after months of research.

Hope this helps, and happy shopping. Make sure to let us know what you decide. C4
nevrdun
Bloomfield, NM
(Zone 6a)

April 9, 2009
12:46 AM

Post #6384284

Hi - we 'raised' our Santa Barbara Greenhouse last part of February. Bought the kit in May '08 - 11X16'. Took a few months to put together with the pickup sitting outside the garage.

I truly love it. If you care to try email - it's Robsbg@aol.com
And I second that excellent customer service remark.

Billie
BJPUMP
Steamboat Springs, CO

May 4, 2009
3:26 AM

Post #6500289

WE BOUGHT THE SANTA BARBARA GREEN HOUSE, TOOK COUPLE WEEKENDS AND DAYS IN BETWEEN INCLUDING THE BASE. NO MAJOR PROBLEMS, THEY CHANGED THE SIZE OF THE PANELS.
INSTRUCTIONS PRETTY EASY TO FOLLOW. COULD USE A LITTLE CLARIFICATION IN COUPLE OF PLACES.
OVERALL NOT BAD. VERY HAPPY, CANT WAIT TO START USING IT..
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

May 4, 2009
3:31 AM

Post #6500318

What one did you get? Any pictures?

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Greenhouse Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Online sources for greenhouse film? Terry 11 Oct 31, 2012 5:55 PM
Old Tomcat Sprays My Greenhouse Weezingreens 24 May 22, 2009 5:37 PM
Early 1900s Wm. H. Lutton Glasshouse Jersey City, NJ Abutilon 50 Jan 22, 2009 3:55 AM
Best greenhouse for the money JimKennard 90 Sep 22, 2012 8:54 PM
What kind of shelves do you use in your greenhouse?? 2pugdogs 25 Mar 5, 2013 6:47 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America