Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Anyone know this rose?

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 5, Views: 93
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cazique
Wewahitchka, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 7, 2001
5:52 AM

Post #7981

The flowers are smaller as this is 2nd flush. The flowers hang as if stems are too weak to hold them up. Light fragrance.

It really isn't blue. It is creamy white with pale pink in center. Full bloom is flattened. I thought it might be Sombreil.(?spelling)

This message was edited Saturday, Jul 7th 9:52 AM

Thumbnail by cazique
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Baa

July 7, 2001
12:44 PM

Post #91472

OK I'm no good at roses (I don't like them) but I'm going to have a go anyway...Blue Moon??????
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2001
11:28 PM

Post #91683

Baa - I cannot believe you don't like roses. I have to ask you why not? I am so curious... :-)

Sorry cazique didn't mean to go off thread here. Your rose certainly does not look like a strong grower. I grew a rose called Louise Odier back home and she was similarly weak growing. Would love to help but think I am stumped!! :-)

This message was edited Saturday, Jul 7th 7:38 PM
Baa

July 7, 2001
11:50 PM

Post #91694

Hi Louisa :)

I know pure heresy for an English garden.

I get sick of seeing them all the time, same old planting schemes with the same old varieties. Full of pests and diseases, thorns, nasty sprawling habits, flowers for all of 4 weeks a year, flowers go brown and hang limply and a lot of hard work for such a short show. Taking up valuable space for more interesting plants, if this isn't enough I'm sure I can come up with more.

We do have roses but Mom bought all but one of them, my purchase was a pure curiosity, Rosa viridiflora with bright lime green flowers. Not everyones taste but suitably garish for a rose.

I'll have to take a decent picture of it one of these days.

:)
Baa

July 7, 2001
11:55 PM

Post #91698

Blue moon isn't really blue its more of a dove grey. It certainly isn't Sombreil (I was forced to give space to Sombreil). If it flattens out and fully double its probably an English rose.

Beyond that I dunno.
JustJen
Gulfport, MS
(Zone 8a)

July 8, 2001
12:36 AM

Post #91710

i keep thinking NEW DAWN

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America