AuthorContent
bert
ehrikon
Switzerland
(Zone 6b)

January 27, 2001
5:36 AM

Post #900

we have the bigest hanging-basket production in switzerland, maybe in continental europe.
we import the material from england. plants and flowers we meke by our one.
this is one basket of our exibit house from outside.
if some body is interesstet, (and speaks german) look by URL: http://www.waffenschmidt.ch

regards bert from switzerland
how "must" go to work now (0730pm)

Thumbnail by bert
Click the image for an enlarged view.

GrannyLois
Elizabethton (Stoney, TN
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2001
10:13 PM

Post #49418

I think Europeans have prettier hanging baskets and window boxes than we Americans do. I believe I'll retrieve some of my German heritage (4th generation in USA) and copy some of the European ideas this year.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2001
3:11 PM

Post #49519

Bert-
What a gorgeous combination! I think I see coleus, trailing vinca, impatiens and ivy...is that it, or are there other plants in there? Do tell...
bert
ehrikon
Switzerland
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2001
1:51 PM

Post #49713

your right Jan, thats all
I don't know how you call this silver leaved plant in US, it's helichrysum petiolare (former Gnaphalium) "Silver".

regards bert

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

January 30, 2001
2:03 PM

Post #49720

Bert-
I've always been told that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" (it's a way to rationalize stealing others' ideas, I guess!) At any rate, I'll be flattering you a lot this summer because that is one beautiful combination.

By the way, the helichrysum petiolare's common name is "licorice plant"...when you mentioned it, the proverbial light came on. I've grown it several times in the past, but I just didn't recognize it! Thanks!!! Terry

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Photos Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the photo forum! dave 34 May 3, 2013 10:18 AM
My tractor and I, Part II dave 52 Sep 27, 2009 7:18 PM
Spring Spring! and my bowling ball! nicole_in_nc 6 Apr 21, 2010 3:35 PM
Riesentraube tomatoes dave 4 Feb 9, 2008 3:25 AM
It's a Bird...It's a Plane....It's Superdave! gardenwife 27 Nov 18, 2007 7:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America