2 feet of snow and counting

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Well, the lake snow machine is revved up and dumping on us again. We had a foot overnight and when we got back from town ('how can you tell someone from western NY? They're the ones out driving around in whiteouts and not noticing that it's snowing!"), there was close to another foot. I could testify to this as I had to walk up from the road end of the driveway - not a great distance, but let's see, I'm 5'1" and my legs are about 29 inches of that and it was pretty much up to, well, never mind. lol

Now it's getting windy, that's original. . .

Guess I'll check around a little and then go get to work.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Ahhhh, Kathleen, wish I could be there to sit by the fire, look out the window at the snow, and have some of your marvelous rolls! (They still make my mouth water.)

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

Kathleen I bet that it is just beautiful to see and watch. I dont like the cold, and never really care much for the days after the first snow but oh how I love to watch it come down. So graceful and soft.

Casey

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

We have only had a light dusting of snow so far this year.. Tomorrow we might get a sheet of ice.. Glad I don't have to get up early and go somewhere.

Kathleen , your snow sounds beautiful.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

This is what the farm looked like last weekend. Then, the snow melted, we had some gloomy green days and yesterday, it snowed again.

I do like the snow. I told a friend in Florida that I can't imagine living anywhere else. It's just not as easy to get around in as it used to be.

The new windows that Stan put in the study have lacy snow wreaths on them and it looks like we will have a sunrise before the clouds take over again.

KJo, I hope you don't get the ice. Snow, ok - ice, nasty!

Thumbnail by Kathleen
Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

We just have a dusting, and bright sun today. It's just dazzling. It makes my eyeballs happy! It's the dark that gets me down, so snow actually helps when it's reflecting all that sun!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Kathleen, that is so pretty! I still cannot get over that barn.

I hope you are keeping your buns warm. :)

We barely have enough snow left on the ground that you can tell we got that whopping inch. LOL

We decided to stay home and organize clothes and closets today. Later we are going to run to Target for odds and ends. I guess tomorrow will be a run to the other house day. Sigh. I hope my weather stays as it is or gets warmer.

Tabor, SD(Zone 4b)

And here I am, whining about a measly foot of snow. It is pretty when everything is white and sparkling, but nasty when the wind is blowing it horizontally. On the way home last night (we let the kids go home from school at 2:30) there were finger drifts starting on the highway. I was a wussie and put the pickup into 4 wheel drive. I managed to make it down our unplowed driveway and then, suprise, surprise, it stopped snowing. LOL

I haven't even been outside to clean up the broken branches from the ice storm at the beginning of the week. The temps are supposed to get to -17 overnight next week, but then be above average the week after. I think I'll wait until it warms up to venture under the trees. The branches are still packed with ice and snow, so I don't want to get a elm tiara while I'm under the trees. The big wussie in me is coming out.

Hope you are all staying warm. Snow makes all those farm chores loads of fun, doesn't it???
Ruth

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Stan was just watching the Weather Channel and they had Sherman on! They said 18 inches, but we usually get a little more than there. Sherman is the town that Stan and I went to school in, about 6 miles north of us. They have an official weather reporting station at the highway barns.

Today has been fairly quiet, just little flurries now and then.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Just 6 inches and counting here. Snow flurries are in the forecast for the next few days. Between flurries the sun peeks out. This morning when I was out doing chores I noticed lots of deer tracks right up to the barn. Two of them walked in front of the barn (the open side) and around the other side of it. All that hay might tempt them soon if the snow gets deep. They've been coming to the orchard to eat fallen apples and paw through the snow under the trees and eat the leaves. I hope they don't start coming into the yard to eat rose bushes, etc.

Thumbnail by MaryE
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We have been having flurries for 2 days now. About a 4'' pile. The weather people say it is so dry it would take 60" of snow to make an inch of water. We had 6" a few days earlier, just as fluffy. I hope the wind doesn't blow, it would definately be a white-out.
Bernie

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh! You are jealous now! We didn't get any snow. Instead we got freezing rain! There is a sheet of ice about anywhere you look. My flood area in the yard froze and it is so funny to watch the puppy ice skate. LOL She had so enjoyed slapping around in the 4" deep puddle and now she is confused.

I just came in from hanging 2 big red bows on the fence posts out by the road. The man across the road stopped to tell me how pretty they look. He said they're not used to people decorating around here. I have lights strung around the pond with a Christmas tree and other tree lit up and my plan for it to look like an old fashioned skating rink went pretty well. The pond isn't done, but it looks nice and you can see it for 1/2 a mile either way. LOL I did the house too. There is something nice about all clear lights. That's my opinion. :) I still need to put up other stuff and it is sort of nice to see it all iced up and it was pretty with our little inch of snow. I say that because I don't have to go anywhere.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images