Lynn Haven, FL(Zone 8a)

This vine just appeared last year and I have no clue what it is.
Everyone here is so helpful and I really appreciate the information!
Connie

Thumbnail by crutland

Looks like a Bleeding Heart Vine (Clerodendrum) to me.

http://davesgarden.com/plants/go/506.html

Dave

Lynn Haven, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh, I sure hope so. I have been wanting one! Mine doesn't have any white on the bloom, only light green with pink. Is that because I have been treating it like a weed?

I don't know! We have one, but we only obtained it within the past couple weeks. We have it in a hanging basket, and haven't yet really researched the plant's needs.

Princeton, NJ(Zone 6a)

Clerodendrum x speciosum does not have the white part. I think that's what you have.

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

the flowers look like little butterflies? i have 2, one pinkish red and the other orangish red, very close colors. what a nice surprise! they come back from winter freezes here in newberry florida and if not a terrible winter the plant may escape freezing.
arlene

Lynn Haven, FL(Zone 8a)

Well that's good to hear! So I have a Clerodendrum x speciosum that survives the winters. I will put it in a better spot. Thanks everyone. Arlene, I used to live in Keystone Heights..small world!

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Be careful in zone 8, I am in 8, in southwest GA, and have naver had one to survive the winter, even with protection..Take cuttings to be sure.
Larkie

Lynn Haven, FL(Zone 8a)

Thanks Larkie, I will, it is too pretty to lose. How big do these vines grow in one season?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images