Photo by Melody

African Violets and Gesneriads: Eleanor's VF-11 Plant Food The Best !

Communities > Forums > African Violets and Gesneriads
bookmark
Forum: African Violets and GesneriadsReplies: 79, Views: 397
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 19, 2005
11:51 AM

Post #1930434

Eleanor's VF-11 Plant Food
The best plant food I've ever used. Av's love it. Streps root fast and grow Healthy. It's gently and safe, natural and can not use too much. Though I use recomennded amount. VF-11 love to and must be used alone. Water plants with no fetilizer of food for one month, or transplant, don't use Super thrive and other plant fertilizers or food with it. It's excellent. I use to buy 4 gallons at a time from Eleanor but now I just order a gallon at a time from Charliey greenhouse. In the summder I may buy a case again straight from Elanor as I use it outside garden bed/plants and lawn. If you email her she will send you a FREE sample bottle . The sample bottle makes 8 gallons of food. Just email her with your address..asking about it she will send without the $3.00 . Try it free. But remeber use it alone ! Allison
Here read about it..
http://www.vf-11plantfood.com/

http://www.vf-11plantfood.com/garrod_test.html

Eleanor's VF-11 Plant Food
Here's that plant food everyone is talking about!!!

VF-11 Plant Food will give you that Green Thumb you've been looking for all your life.
If you ever start using it, you will never use anything else.

It will never, never burn your plants!! You can't over-do!!
It's odorless! It will not stain!!
It's environmentally friendly...and non-toxic
completely safe around pets and children.
It's as perfect as any plant food could be!!!!
If you love gardening, you're going to love VF-11 Plant Food

African Violets seem to bloom forever!!!
Ficus and ferns will be magnificent. You will be writing me
letters of 'thanks' !!! You'll see!!!

VF-11 and New CUTTINGS ...
You will be surprised how
easily cuttings will root for you, in soil or in liquid.
(Root tone is not necessary) VF-11 works best ALONE!!
Results are fast and obvious. It's exciting
Email Eleanor for diffrent sizes , prices, free smaple and give her your address. I did , I did not hear back she is so busy, but in no time I had a bottole sample that made 8 gallons and more information. I then ordered a case of 4 gallons. During the Winter Charleys Greenhouse is excellent sourse for small orders :))
begoniacrazii
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2005
4:20 PM

Post #1930811

I have their catalog right next to me, along with Farmtek, I love to drool over all the goodies.
Chris_Lorry
Vero Beach, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 19, 2005
4:36 PM

Post #1930848

When I get home I will have to send an email when I get home!
Thanks for sharing this with us!
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 19, 2005
5:37 PM

Post #1930929

Yes she will send a free 8 oz. sample bottle makes 8 gallons of wonderous food :)) Plus more info and prices for different sizes. You can call her too.
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 19, 2005
5:40 PM

Post #1930931

I forgot Charlies greenhouse and garden
http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/
he sells Eleanors VF-11 in two sizes but get free samole :))
begoniacrazii
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2005
5:48 PM

Post #1930945

Since the company is base here in Cali, it is easy to find here. I buy it by the gallon at our garden center (yardbirds, which sadly recently sold out to home depot! the great garden center will for sure go downhill from here!)

My mother in law swears by it.
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 19, 2005
5:58 PM

Post #1930959

Oh well email her for free smaple anyways good for 8 gallons. I was buying it buy gallon from her $19.00 gallon case of 4 she ships cheap way. I think Charlies sells a gallon for $24.95 and a pint for $ 7.35 .
Eleanor sell different sizes like half gallons and so one. Before I started to use this I could never root Streps now I can :))
Use VF-11 safely on any plant and you can expect immediate improvements. It aids blossoming, especially in African Violets. Promotes lush fern growth and vigorous growth in creeping plants. Analysis 0.15 - 0.85 - 0.55. Only Eleanor knows the “magical” ingredients! 1 pint concentrate makes 16 gallons.

"Hello, I just wanted to write and tell you how happy I am with the fantastic product Eleanor's VF-11. I bought some about a month ago and started using it on my sickly looking African Violets. It was amazing how quickly they picked up and started blooming. We just had our African Violet show last weekend and my violets were so spectacular that I won 12 Blue ribbons, 7 Best In Class ribbons and 7 Rosettes: Best Semi-miniature In Show, Best Streptocarpus, Best Gesneriad, Best Natural Garden, Best Project Streptocarpus, Best Trailer In Show and - the one everyone dreams of - BEST IN SHOW! I know I could not have won all these 'Best's' without Eleanor's VF-11! Thanks for a wonderful product." - Lee Hoke, Rome, NY

http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/index.cfm?page=_productdetails&productid=7113&cid1=-99&cid2=-99&cid3=-99

http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/index.cfm?page=_productdetails&productid=7115&cid1=-99&cid2=-99&cid3=-99

Eleanor's VF-11 Food

General Product Information:
All-purpose plant food which can be used safely on any plant. Expect immediate improvements. It aids blossoming, especially in African violets. VF11 is non-toxic, will not burn plants, cannot overdose, it is odorless and will not stain. Promotes lush fern growth and vigorous growth in creeping plants. Works well on new cuttings promoting roots quickly. On transplants it will keep plants from experiencing shock when moved. Works great in hydroponics because VF11 has no toxic build up so there isn’t any need to flush out tanks.

Common Recommendations:
You can use VF-11 on all plants, including acid loving ones. VF-11 can be used on indoor and outdoor plants. Use it on your Roses, Azaleas, Fuchsias, Begonias, Orchids, Geraniums, Camellias, Plumeria, Gardenias, Hibiscus, Hydrangeas, Bougainvillea, Succulents, Bonsai, Tulips, Ferns, Palms, Cacti, all bedding plants (impatiens, petunias, pansies, 'snaps' etc)

Houseplants:
VF-11 contains all the minerals that houseplants need. Great for keeping African Violets in bloom.

Use one ounce (two tablespoons) of VF-11 to a gallon of water. Use this mix each time you water your plants.
Also spray the leaves with the same solution, for optimum results. Half strength for orchids is sufficient. Cuttings:
Use for promoting roots on new cuttings. Do not use other rooting hormones, VF-11 will work best alone.
Use one ounce (two tablespoons) of VF-11 to a gallon of water. For best results, use all year long.

Debsroots
Northwest, MO
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2006
2:41 AM

Post #1973006

I just got my sample of Eleanors VF-11 today. Mixed some up and misted all my plants. I am not going to use any other fertilizer for awhile and see how well this works.

Deb
BetsyJ
Mt Zion, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 13, 2006
3:16 PM

Post #1973555

Sent away for mine right before Christmas but haven't seen hide nor hair of it...and in fact, I forgot all about it until I read this post! LOL
Maybe since you gots yours, Deb, that means they sent mine too.
I'll watch the mail! =0)
Debsroots
Northwest, MO
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2006
3:42 PM

Post #1973598

Betsy...you should be getting yours real soon. I sent my check out on 12/21 and received mine yesterday.

Deb
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

March 5, 2006
3:34 PM

Post #2088324

Bump one thread on Vf-11 I know there is an other :))
Anitabryk2
Long Island, NY
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2006
3:41 PM

Post #2088335

Allison - you say you use it alone, but you do put in the Murphy's Oil Soap and Lysol, right?
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

March 5, 2006
4:27 PM

Post #2088437

Oh sorry no other fertilizer or food or superthrive. The Musphy's and lysol is ok . At least it always has been for years for me :))
Sometimes I even use dish soap :)) My hubby told me to stop using all his dish soap. lol
orkidlady
Drumheller, AB
(Zone 2a)

March 5, 2006
4:43 PM

Post #2088484

Hi Allison,

Thank you for all the great info...Eleanor won't ship to Canada but she told me Charley's does so I ordered a pint from them because of shipping costs and she said she would send me the sample bottle as well so that was really nice of her.

Now what is this about Murphy's oil and lysol? I cannot for the likes of me find lysol here in my small community...I don't know why they wouldn't have it. Well yes I do...we are in Canada...that is why!

Joanne
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

March 5, 2006
4:48 PM

Post #2088497

Lysol just help get rid of Algea, fungus, mold, mildew. I mostly only need it some in the winter. A capful in a gallon when watering, or put into wick containers. Or mist tiny amounts over plants with mildew.
A capful of Musrphy Oil soap in a gallon will help kill soft body bugs.
Spider07
Lilburn, GA

March 5, 2006
4:54 PM

Post #2088510

Violet, what is a project streptocarpus?
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

March 5, 2006
5:01 PM

Post #2088532

Ok I got lost sorry Spider . I don't know Project Streptocarpus ?
Did I nis type or where did I type it ? lol Sorry. I know there has been many project doen with Streptocarpus. VF-11 using was the first time I was avle to root. Stretocarpus leaf. Now they root easy for me !
Spider07
Lilburn, GA

March 5, 2006
5:51 PM

Post #2088657

Violet, on your post about the flower show, you mention all the prizes you got and one of them is the project streptocarpus.
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

March 5, 2006
6:32 PM

Post #2088734

Oh that was not me that was someone wrote that to Eleanor about her VF-11 I wish it was me :))
Spider07
Lilburn, GA

March 5, 2006
7:15 PM

Post #2088798

*Spider's forehead is bruised from all the slapping!*
orkidlady
Drumheller, AB
(Zone 2a)

March 6, 2006
1:51 PM

Post #2090569

Morning Allison,

Thank you for the info on Murphy's oil and Lysol.

Joanne
stownes
Mansfield, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 6, 2006
2:17 PM

Post #2090616

Hi Allison,
Is the lysol just the regular lysol cleanser?
Sharon
Spider07
Lilburn, GA

March 6, 2006
4:40 PM

Post #2090897

Hi peeps!

I am in need of some adivce. I received F11 last week. As I am starting to spray my plants with some water everyday, I am thinking of putting some into the spray bottle every time I use it. Is it OK to spray them with F11 everyday? And my leaves?

Thank you
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

March 6, 2006
8:59 PM

Post #2091412

I think fi you foliage feed you plants once a week will be fine. Don't or sun until their dry. You can squirt it into the pots too :))
Spider07
Lilburn, GA

March 6, 2006
9:10 PM

Post #2091429

Thank you Violet!
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 7, 2006
3:21 PM

Post #2093130

I think that this stuff is really awesome. I never can grow anything as a houseplant that is supposed to be a perennial or something like that. I buy them and they die. But I bought a German Primrose last week, and after a day or so, it was looking pretty bad. I had the receipt so I was going to take it back to Home Depot. But my VF-11 came in the mail that day and I used some on it. The next day the plant looked better than it did before I bought it. Then I sort of forgot it because I was busy repotting all of my AV leaves. So I came in here a day or so ago, and there it was, looking all wilted. But I gave it another dose. And today it looks great and it it now growing pink flowers, along with the blue and purple. So it has made a believer out of me. Now I bottom water my AV leaves as suggested on the forums but I also give it a little bit of the VF-11 from the top. I bought a couple of squeeze bottles with a fine tip on the end from Sally's Beauty supply so that I can control the amount that I want to put in the soil and they are all looking great.

JesseK
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 7, 2006
3:24 PM

Post #2093136

Oh, here is a photo of the plant I was talking about. I have never grown these types of plants for more than a week without them dying. But this one is doing great, thanks to the VF-11.

JesseK

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Spider07
Lilburn, GA

March 7, 2006
3:32 PM

Post #2093154

Jesse, i think these plants are supposed to die after they flower. It is what I have head.
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 7, 2006
5:44 PM

Post #2093442

Well I have heard it two different ways. I have heard that you can push it and make it continue to grow and I've heard that it is supposed to die after a couple of weeks. I decided that it couldn't hurt to give them the vf-11 and so I did and the plant is still going strong. We will just have to see what develops.

JesseK
Spider07
Lilburn, GA

March 7, 2006
6:23 PM

Post #2093535

Violet, the streptocarpus leaves were mailed this morning. They whould be with you in two days.
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

March 7, 2006
6:29 PM

Post #2093545

Thanks Spider ! Laurie just left and she helped me pack your box. Well we packed plants still have to do the box. So now I forgot I can put the Strep Plant in and a few Leaves later after a long nap :)) She is the most wonderful lady I ever met !
Jesse your plant is Gorgous ! I see no reason why it can't bloom all year long :)) Great growing :)) Yeah VF-11
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 8, 2006
3:56 AM

Post #2094873

Thanks Allison. As long as I keep using the VF-11, it does fine. I need to order a bigger supply of the VF-11.

JesseK

Kell

Kell
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 8, 2006
6:07 AM

Post #2095031

I have been using VF-11 for years. I mostly use it as foliar feed on my annuals to get hem to bloom more. I also use it as tonic. I have a heavy hand and never have had a problem.

But I have never used it alone for a month. Well, maybe but not on purpose. Does anyone know why it is advisable not to use it with any other fertilizers?

Lali, I am so bummed about HD buying Yardbirds. I had no clue. Has it changed a lot?
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

March 8, 2006
10:01 AM

Post #2095092

Hi Kell
I don't think Vf-11 works well with other fetilizers it's so gently and they'd clash . Also maybe some things like bleach for xample can't be mixed with a lot of things.
I know Laurie use lenor-VF-11 too ! You all are lucky to have it right from CA. I just fount out about it a few years ago and love it !
Oh I was thinking if you call Eleanor she's so kind she could answer your question !
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 8, 2006
2:53 PM

Post #2095686

HD buying Yardbirds?

JesseK
lovesdaylilies
Roopville, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2006
1:46 PM

Post #2101252

Okay i just read this post and emailed elanor today. that is so interesting about the murphy's oil soap and lysol! i would of never thought of that!

Kelly
nannanavarro
Silver Spring, MD

March 10, 2006
2:31 PM

Post #2101382

I think the murphy's and lysol are more of a preventative. Sure has helped my plants
begoniacrazii
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2006
4:11 PM

Post #2101650

JesseK, HD (Home Depot) bought our local chain home improvement store (with about half a dozen or so stores) Yardbirds. Yardbirds has a great garden center, unlike HD which has an aweful garden center. So it's a bummer.
The owner is ill and sold the franchise. they'll convert all the stores over and close a few.
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 10, 2006
5:27 PM

Post #2101857

I know that you will laugh at this, but I thought you meant yard birds, like chickens or other type of birds that would run around a yard. LOL

Jesse
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 10, 2006
5:28 PM

Post #2101860

Okay, now I need help. I have got fungus gnats in my AVs and I'm not happy. I have the DE on the soil but I need something else. Will the Murphy's Oil soap help with this? If so, I will go buy some today.

Jesse
Anitabryk2
Long Island, NY
(Zone 6b)

March 10, 2006
7:40 PM

Post #2102207

Jesse, I've had success with these. http://store.arbico-organics.com/1254001.html I bought DE and need to add that to my soil. I've also started watering with Murphy's.
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 10, 2006
8:47 PM

Post #2102362

I am going to go out and get some Murphy's tonight. I have the DE on them but the little buggers want to get down in my soil and are making me very mad. I hate little critters like that. So I will add the Murphy's Oil soap. What else should I add?

Jesse
begoniacrazii
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 11, 2006
5:08 PM

Post #2104666

Jesse, I have to combat the little buggers on several levels. I hang the yellow sticky 'white fly' traps over my AV's so that helps (non toxic too!)

You can get a mosquito larvecide (I have used prestrike) and add it to your water. (lots on Daves about Mosquito Dunks added to water, just do a search)

Also the soap and neem added to water can help. I think I'd just go slow at first. Try your cocktail on a few AV's not your whole collection - anything added to the water will be taken up by the plant too. You don't want to over do it, I did and lost almost all the $1 Bargain AV's from DP sale. (But I was using a systemic and I shouldn't have)

And as pesky as they are, they can be controlled pretty easily. ALSO I bought flea collars at the dollar store and cut them into 3" pieces and lay them on my AV trays (not where they get wet) and this helps repel bugs too.

Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 11, 2006
8:02 PM

Post #2105083

That is a great idea, the dog collars. I will have to pick up a couple of those next time I am out. Hubby and I had so much running around to do today and I'm pretty tired. I was so tired that we came home and I fell asleep on the sofa. But I hope to get all of them watered today with the mixture. I got some Lemon scented lysol, since I know lots of the pest hate the citrus scents, some Murphy's oil soap, and I'll add a little bit of VF-11 and start with that. Hopefully that will work and I will not have anymore problems.

Jesse
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

July 15, 2006
2:30 AM

Post #2507199

bump
Snowrose
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 15, 2006
2:54 AM

Post #2507316

Allison...thanks for all the great info on VF-11. Very helpful! I can't wait to try it now. You said you use it as directed (2 T./gallon) right?
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

November 30, 2006
11:59 AM

Post #2955442

Eleanor's VF-11
maureenpm00
Lindenhurst, NY

December 3, 2006
12:42 PM

Post #2964140

HI, I just went to the sticky to get the info to order the sample from Eleanor. I'm excited about trying this product. Thanks for all this great info.

Maureen
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 3, 2006
1:13 PM

Post #2964199

That's great Maureen ! Eleanor has been giving free samples for years she is so kind and loves when people call with questions she is very helpful too !
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 3, 2006
8:19 PM

Post #2965357

Here is my favorite African violet and I think that it is so beautiful for two reasons. One is because I gave it some VF-11, and two because it is living in my terrarium. But I just love this little violet. The name of it is Mini Papa. I think that VF-11 is a great product.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii

Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 3, 2006
8:34 PM

Post #2965399

Jesse so pretty is this the same Mini Pappa I sent you :)) I know you posted it back blooming when you got it with the other plants. It is sweet :))
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2006
7:46 AM

Post #2966757

Allison,

This is the Mini Papa that you sent me. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful mini with me. I am so happy with it. It sure does thrive in the terrarium. I want to make another terrarium using all mini African violets. I would love to get a bigger tank, maybe a 20 gallon and fill it full of minis.

Jesse
baja220
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 6b)

December 4, 2006
7:50 AM

Post #2966762

Jesse, that beautiful!! Can you shoot a pic of the whole terrarium?

Debbie
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 4, 2006
11:15 AM

Post #2966892

Jesse I saw your terrarium in the terrarium forum it's very nice you do a great job a what ever you do and what ever type of plants you grow ! I know Mini Pappa bloomed all the time from young baby here for me and I like finding blooming plants if only one in a box to send along so Mini Pappa was blooming and he wanted to go to your home :))
Have you put a leaf or two of him down ?
Thanks for sharing !
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2006
10:39 PM

Post #2968659

Debbie, here are a few updated photos of my terrarium. I have some serious pruning to do. The white Fittonia is taking over. I planted one plant in there and now there are 5 separate plants. The others are doing the same thing. I am amazed at how fast things grow in a terrarium. Here is a photo taken from the front of the terrarium.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii

Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2006
10:40 PM

Post #2968665

Here is a photo taken from the top.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii

Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2006
10:43 PM

Post #2968674

Here is a photo of Mini Papa taken from the front of the terrarium. I really do think that the VF-11 helped give this mini a big boost. I've never had any grow like this before. I think I need to order some more VF-11.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii

Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2006
11:38 PM

Post #2968852

Here is the last one taken of a tiny Strawberry Begonia that I just started not long ago. A tiny piece fell off of my SB hanging basket and I just laid it on the soil in the terrarium and it rooted and is now starting to grow. I think that when I prune the others back that it will grow a lot better. Right now the Fittonias are taking over everything.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii

Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 5, 2006
9:12 AM

Post #2970040

Beautiful Jesse good work and growing your full of talent :))
baja220
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 6b)

December 6, 2006
2:14 PM

Post #2973607

I love that Jesse!!! Thanks for the pics!!! Love the Mini Papa too!! I've never even thought of doing that before and I've got 3 tanks around the house...mmmmmmm...
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 6, 2006
2:21 PM

Post #2973625

I noticed Steve is selling Vf-11 at a real good cost. I think you get a 16 oz bottle and 8 oz. for only $7.95 ! This amount will make 24 gallons of food !
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 6, 2006
9:04 PM

Post #2974823

.I'd like to mention that Eleanor's VF-11 is not a bloom booster .

( Quote) VF-11 is not a 'push' like other fertilizers...think of it as a strength
and health builder. It's loaded with the many minerals so lacking in
in our soils. And it's in a form that your plants can absorb immediately

Very gentle, non-toxic VF-11 nutrients all your plant needs Micro nurtients also.
I had special papers from Eleanor with everything more information if I can find it.
Eleanor is always happy to answer any of your questions too :))
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 7, 2006
8:03 AM

Post #2976965

Allison, who is Steve? I need to get some more VF-11 because I have run out and $7.95 is a good deal.

Jesse
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 7, 2006
11:33 AM

Post #2977154

jesse
Steve has that great web sight with all type of growing info and he sells leaves on line, and trades and sells on Ebay too.
Here is the link to VF-11
http://www.reedsgreenhouse.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=144
He also sells other supplies pots and more ! He has a good fish food/good for foliage feed or even put into your plant water. I use to like putting it into a leaf just after the babies started coming up I'd give them a drink and put the close under the lights and it gave them a good healthy boost.
I did this with VF-11 too. Before VF-11 I could never root Streptocarpus leaves. After they rooted like weeds !
dragonzgold
Edison, NJ
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2006
11:37 AM

Post #2977167

I think Allison means Steve at Reed's Greenhouse.

http://www.reedsgreenhouse.com/store/index.php

I've bought supplies and plants/leaves from him in the past, via eBay and his web site. He's always been very good at answering questions, too. I didn't know he was selling VF-11, but it's good to know. Thanks, Allison!

Stephanie
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 7, 2006
11:42 AM

Post #2977182

yup that's Steve his link is in our stick too. Yes I bought way back when too many exspensive leaves from him on Ebay way over a year ago all those wonderful babies have fount homes with you all :))
Steve has a wonderful web sight !
yes selling VF-11 is exciting as it is hard to find places that sell small amounts for good cost and then if you need some pots you can order them the same time !
dragonzgold
Edison, NJ
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2006
11:47 AM

Post #2977197

Oops! We were both posting at the same time, Allsion, but your message made it in first! ;-D

I will definitely keep him in mind when I need to reorder more VF-11, although I think his shipping rates may be a bit higher than Charley's. Either way, it's always good to have more than one source, right?

Stephanie

Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 7, 2006
12:16 PM

Post #2977276

I love Charlies too !
What I do like is Steve is selling the bonus package you get the 8 oz. bottle too ! But is shipping out weighed the cost would make a difference I always like to check this .
So I went and did this !
Charlie up to $10.00 shipping is $4.95
and Steve for the double bottle was $4.20 if I got the correct cents :))
their both good deals but I'd go with the double bottle as long as Steve is carry it :))
I wish Charlie sold the small pots .
It is good to have more than one source never know when one will stop selling or price go up.
dragonzgold
Edison, NJ
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2006
1:45 PM

Post #2977541

I ordered my VF-11 from Charley's a few months ago, thinking it was just the pint bottle as is pictured on the site, but got the bonus pack anyway! I don't know if they're still shipping the bonus pack instead of the single pint bottle, but it might be worth contacting them to find out.

Stephanie

Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 7, 2006
4:08 PM

Post #2978083

wow maybe Charlie still does sell them that way. I don't know when Steve started selling VF-11 but I know many gardners use it all the time so this is nice.
BUT when I put my zip code in the shipping cost went higher $$.
So a person living where I do it would cost me to buy from Steve went to like $9.00 Shipping and CHarlie's only $4.95
So best to check your zip code if ordering from Steve.
They both are wonderful places to shop. And Steve has an excellent web sight ! Were so lucky to have so many places to go for our growing needs !
Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 11, 2006
3:14 AM

Post #2989105

Well I just ordered my VF-11 from Reed's Friday. I got a couple of other things too. It was cheaper for me to get it from him than from Charley. With all that has been going on with DH and his seizures, my doctor told me that it is very important that I take some time just for myself. So I spent many hours in the greenhouse brushing every single leaf of every plant with a small soft paint brush. Then I top watered all of them with the little bit of VF-11 that I had left. I really enjoyed my time and with just me and my plants and I think they enjoyed it too. Now all I need to do is order some pots so I can take all of the babies that I have and put them all in their own pots.

Jesse
SusanGa
Social Circle, GA

December 11, 2006
11:51 AM

Post #2989456

Jesse,

Isn't it amazing what those little plants can do? I've been going through about the same thing, DH was in an accident and has required my care for the last 9 months, that left no time for me. My escape is my plants. Potting, brushing, watering, I can spend hours just me and them and it helps me keep my good sense. I know exactly how you feel. We both need to make sure we keep taking that little bit of time just for us.

Susan
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 11, 2006
12:22 PM

Post #2989538

Jesse I feel the same way ! Everyone in their life will at sometime need a caregiver and most likly be a caregiver.
Steve ships fast too ! He sells pots and other things which makes it nice easy ordeing !
Jesse the best place for ordering the 2 inch pots that are good for babies until their 6 inches across and minis/semis for life is Secret Gardens. Great prices nice sturdy pots.
Plants are fun and enjoyable to grow !
sempervi
St Joseph, IL
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2006
4:52 PM

Post #2990185

Plant therapy...priceless!!! My two older girls call my basement (where most of my plants are) my therapy room. Yeah...and what I need therapy for...God only knows for sure, but I do enjoy my time with my plants, thinking time that I feel brings me a little closer to God. I received my VF-11 from Charley's the other day and the pint bottle I bought had the bonus 8oz bottle with it. Just realized that after reading this thread. I'll see how it works.
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 11, 2006
5:12 PM

Post #2990231

Awesome Vf-11 Don't forget " NEW" users o vF -11 it likes to work along. Leach plants, or and use no food/fertilizer for a month. Don't use soil mixes with food.
When I first used VF-11 a few years ago I trans-planted all my plants. One reason when I joined my local AV group I learned all my plants were in pots too large.
Two I ordered a 4 gallon case after using my free 8 oz. we then used it for our lawn and flower beds outside. I wanted to make sure all my AV's and Gesnerias were fretilized free so VF-11 would work properly and I would not cause damage using more than one typy of food.
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

December 13, 2006
10:54 PM

Post #2996698

I'd like to ad from paper from Eleanor That Vf-11 is a Complete Plant Food !!! It also has Trace elements needed by your plants. Iron, Manganese, copper, zinc, boron, molybdenum, plus calcuim and magnesium .
Also VF-11 creates " No toxic buildup" and maintains a perfect PH so no need to flush out your tanks, pots... VF-11 is a health builder It strenthens the immune system . Mildew and fungal diseases will disappear. Your saying WOW it's incredible ! Yes you bet it is !
Call Eleanor for any help or questions or visit her web sight and email her for a free 8 oz. sample good for 8 gallons of food !
phone - 1-800-711-8585
www.VF-11plantfood.com
Have fun ! Email Eleanor; eleanors@vf-11plantfood.com

Thumbnail by Allison_FL

Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

January 26, 2007
12:35 PM

Post #3124068

WOW Kell 11 years using VF-11 !! I gues I have been using it now about 4-5 years hard to keep track of time flying.
Eleanor VF-11 has been around at least 40 years that I know of !
You can buy it here direct by case and save.
http://www.siliconvalleywebproducts.com/
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

January 27, 2007
12:27 AM

Post #3126509

Today was so busy sure many missed this link where you can buy direct.
orkidlady
Drumheller, AB
(Zone 2a)

January 27, 2007
12:31 AM

Post #3126527

Charley's Greenhouse also carries it...that is where I got mine from.

http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/

Joanne
Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL
(Zone 10b)

January 27, 2007
12:39 AM

Post #3126551

Yes Charlie is great too ! And Steve is carry it but I did find out after Stephanie mentioning shipping was higher/
The link I lwft if to by by the case. You can save money . Few years ago we bought by case and used it on our lawns, gardens beds they never looked better !

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other African Violets and Gesneriads Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Brag of the Day... MsCritterkeeper 17 Jun 6, 2007 2:14 PM
advice on TRAILERS from Violet Gallery critterologist 57 Feb 5, 2010 9:56 PM
test thread for sticky, never mind me begoniacrazii 90 Apr 11, 2011 3:40 PM
All Other Gesneriad Care & Related Links begoniacrazii 2 Apr 11, 2011 3:15 PM
Streptocarpus seedling progress Keyring 127 Jun 9, 2007 2:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America