Red-Leaf Hibiscus, False Roselle, African Rose Mallow 'Red Shield' (Hibiscus ace

Brownsville, TX

Red-Leaf Hibiscus, False Roselle, African Rose Mallow 'Red Shield'
Hibiscus acetosella

Hibiscus acetosella aka Jamaica (ha-mike-ah) growing in South Texas December 2005

Thumbnail by lueur
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous, i have been pondering on this plant, they ARE flowers that deep maroon colour aren't they? I have growing young plants of the new 'Galaxy' hybrid from seed this year, GOT to add this one. The Galaxy are still very small, we didn't have a very good season this year, but they have been thru a lot of early frost and are still going, hardy to -20C, I may be lucky with this one.

Brownsville, TX

I planted 4 of these at the base of the inside of my green picket fence so that I would see them when I am sitting on the patio looking out onto the golf course. There is a new bloom practically every day on one or more plants, and when the morning sun catches the flower, it looks like a jewel.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Must be paradise, so calming. And a golf course to look over too! My catalogues don't have it, I must have seen it on ebay when looking at the US one. Perhaps Onalee, oh well, here I go again! Enoy your beauty,
Janet

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images