Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Carolina Gardening: How to Prepare for a Spring Swap

Communities > Forums > Carolina Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Carolina GardeningReplies: 5, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
puppyscruff
Sanford, NC

January 15, 2006
2:43 AM

Post #1977370

With the garden in a deep sleep now under tonight's blustery wind, it's hard to imagine items for a spring swap. Is there any sort of bride-to-be type calendar to get ready...as to when to start cuttings, plant seeds or make divisions? What was the date of last year's swap du printemps?
chamthy
Selma, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 15, 2006
10:21 AM

Post #1977821

Last year the swap was the first Saturady in May I believe or the last in April? It was still cool then with that long spring we had. I had plenty of perennials coming up to divide. Dug up some self sown seedlings and took some WS stuff.

Shari
diggingit
Chapel Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 15, 2006
12:04 PM

Post #1977881

i was a lot more prepared for the fall swap than i will be for the spring event - i took far more cuttings last spring than i could use and they were ready to go by september. i imagine that once my gardens mature, i'll have a lot more perennial divisions to share in the spring. until then, my offerings will be limited to liriope & the prolific begonia grandis - and whatever successes i have started early from seed.
marsha
rebecca30
Cary, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 19, 2006
3:25 AM

Post #2054949

Hey Guys,

What swap? Since I am new to the forum, did that mean there was a local NC swap in the area? How did it go and where was it done at?

Rebecca30
rebecca30
Cary, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 19, 2006
2:52 PM

Post #2055615

Chamthy - thanks for the DG email info. If anyone would like to swap or trade locally, I'm all for it. Please note, I usually can only do my gardening stuff on Sundays. Anyone interested in one on one swap, that would be fine to. I am updating my trade lists as time goes on. Thanks.

Rebecca30
thripmaster
Monroe, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 21, 2006
2:30 PM

Post #2127607

What swap? I want to go to a swap!?

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Carolina Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helllo Snoutherner 16 Apr 13, 2007 8:22 PM
Beautiful day Rosykay 14 Mar 20, 2009 11:32 PM
Flame azalea spartacusaby 20 Jun 21, 2007 4:17 AM
What is it? CarolinaTracer 6 May 5, 2007 1:05 PM
Hardiness success stories Tropicanna 102 Oct 16, 2007 7:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America