Show us all your bowling balls!

Hillsburgh, ON(Zone 5a)

This is mine:

Thumbnail by luckygardnr
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wow, really looks cool and funky ! I Love it!

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

I have one in construction.....I'll try to get a pic tomorrow

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

last yrs!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

more

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

the last pic

Thumbnail by notmartha
Hillsburgh, ON(Zone 5a)

Notmartha, they are beautiful! Where did you get so many bowling balls? I'd like to fine more but not sure where to go. I've tried calling the bowling alleys, but no-one ever seems to answer.

Laurel

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

my dh went to the bowling alleys and got me 24 bballs last yr i still have a bunch in the basement-just havent felt like making anymore!

i was sick last winter and this was what i did to pass the time!

(Zone 7b)

How many jewels does it take to make one ball?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

6bags

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

OMG dori,

what are you gonna do with all dem garden balls ?

Hugs, Shirley

I'm currently making some candle holders/burners using these half marbles.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i sold one and the rest go in my garden! :)

Flint, MI(Zone 5a)

Here are mine at :

www.community.webshots.com/user/Rddwolf and click on Bowling balls

Hillsburgh, ON(Zone 5a)

Sorry, Rddwolf, I tried 3 times to see your bowling balls, but it timed out twice, and this page cannot be displayed, once. I'll try again later.

Laurel

Flint, MI(Zone 5a)

ok folks try this-http://community.webshots.com/user/rddwolf then choose bb's

Thanks for sharing. I like the embellishments ;-)

Hillsburgh, ON(Zone 5a)

I tried your newest link but I get this message: No albums are available for public display.

Laurel

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i think webshots are doing work on the site

Hillsburgh, ON(Zone 5a)

Rddwolf, I finally was able to view your bowling balls! They're wonderful! Very colourful! I gotta get me some more bowling balls!

Laurel

Flint, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh I'm so happy you got to see them! I was having fits when Dori told me she couldn't get them to come up so I checked with webshots and they have been working on them and said not to worry. Yeah THEY can say that! LOL
Thank You and I love them too and try to come up with different ideas. None are wrong that's for sure!

Arliene

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

All of the bowling balls are georgeous! I have got to make me one of those!! I don't even have a ordinary gazing ball in my garden. Thanks everyone for sharing your talent, they are beauties.

Middletown, NY(Zone 5b)

These are amazing looking! Do you go to the bowling alley and get the older, beat up bowling ball? How much do they cost?

Flint, MI(Zone 5a)

I go to lots of yard sales and thrift shops and once I even put an ad in the paper when I lived up north and one lady brought me 5. They cosst different amounts. If you bowl regularly and know the people who run bowling leey, they might give you chipped ones they throw away. I was never that lucky to find them there though. Good luck!

Arliene

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

What type of adhesive do you use on the bowling balls to apply glass beads and other objects?
TIA
Patti

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i use the clear silicone

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you.
Patti

Avon, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi everyone...I am new to Dave's forums , and still learning my way around.This post cought my eye.Love all your bowling balls. So creative!! I would have never thought to use some of the objects that went into making your BB's. Just love them. I have made a few using stained glass and only have a picture of one of them. But you all have given me some great ideas. Thanks

Walnut

Thumbnail by Walnut23
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Great artwork on the ball Walnut! I haven't tried one yet, but it won't be long after I find a bowling ball. I have been looking, but evidentally not at the right place.
And Welcome to Dave's!!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

~~~~~~~Waving Hi and welcome to Dave's Garden Walnut. Your bowling ball is beautiful Great job.
Patti

Hillsburgh, ON(Zone 5a)

Very nicely done, Walnut. I love it! And welcome to the forums!

Laurel

(Zone 7b)

That's beautiful, and I love those colours together!

Avon, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the warm welcome and the nice compliments on my ball.

For those of you looking for bowling balls, don't forget to ask/mention it to friends and people you work with. You'll be surprised how many you can get. I ended up with about 12 balls from people just cleaning out their attics.

Walnut

Welcom to the Forum Walnut.
I love your Garden Ball, your color choices are wonderful and very soothing to look upon.

Shirley

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome walnut its a great site-my favorite!

can i ask what you use as adhesive?

Avon, NY(Zone 5b)

Notmartha
I think I used a clear liquid nails adhesive for outdoor use..I made it a year ago and I can't remember for sure.
Thanks again for the welcomes..I'm very excited to be here. Lots of inspiration going on here! I am enjoying looking at everyones projects.They are all so nice. I think I better get busy! I have some projects that I started and put aside and just haven't made the time to get back to them. This forum will definitly get me motivated.

Elaine

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome to Dave's. It is a most friendly place for gardeners and craftpersons.
Everyone looks like they did excellent work. I need to see if I can find a couple of free bowling balls. One idea I have seen is paint only the top half like a big lady bug and bury the ball in your garden. I really want to do this, now I just need to go to a bowling alley.

Flint, MI(Zone 5a)

Walnut, beautiful ball!! I haven't tried working with broken or stained glass yet but I'm going to after seeing yours.

Lucerne Valley, CA(Zone 8a)

Wow! These are all so beautiful! I just love thisidea, and can't wait to find some balls!--uh-er-bowling balls. For those of you who have sold/sell them, how much do you get for them (I just found out I no longer have a job..) I'm thinking of getting back to my stained glass and mosaic stepping stones (On a much smaller scale than my Studio was) and making a little roadside stand. These would be a great addition! (If I could bear to sell them instead of scatter them 'round my own gardens!!!)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i sold one for 20.00

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I'm in luck hopefully. I am taking a youth group bowling on March 10th. I am asking the management if they have any older ones they need to dispose of.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images