AuthorContent
4xthefun
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 22, 2006
3:43 PM

Post #1993143

Yeah! A scrapbooking forum!

I love paper scrapping but I am finding digital scrapbooking to be addictive too. Here are a few digital pages I made a couple years ago using PhotoShop 5.5. I was a design team member at www.scrapbook-bytes.com but I couldn't keep up with that and homeschooling the kids all my other many projects that I always have going on!

Laura

Thumbnail by 4xthefun
Click the image for an enlarged view.

4xthefun
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 22, 2006
3:44 PM

Post #1993144

Here is another.
Laura

Thumbnail by 4xthefun

4xthefun
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 22, 2006
3:44 PM

Post #1993146

and more!

Thumbnail by 4xthefun

4xthefun
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 22, 2006
3:45 PM

Post #1993149

Okay, this is the last one I will post :) don't want to hog the board!

Laura

Thumbnail by 4xthefun

orkidlady
Drumheller, AB
(Zone 2a)

January 22, 2006
7:34 PM

Post #1993647

Wow!!! Great LO's...TFS!

Joanne
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2006
11:24 PM

Post #1995920

Laura, those are GREAT! Very creative. I love what you've done! What software are you using? I have Hallmark Scrapbook Studio and the Scrapbook Workshop, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't used either one yet. I keep "meaning to" but I just haven't gotten around to them yet, altho I have 1000's of digital photos.

4xthefun
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2006
12:22 AM

Post #1996075

Thanks! I used PhotoShop 5.5 on those. I have PS 7 now and I have used it some but I was so used to 5.5 that I get frustrated with some of the changes/upgrades in the newer version.

I haven't tried any other scrapbooking programs but if you check out some of the digital scrapbooking sites they have tutorials and free downloads that you can use. I haven't tried any of the pre-made digital kits yet but I might give it a try. It's a lot of fun. You should go for it!

Right now I am working on a small gift album. I am creating the pages as 4x6 inch pages so I can have them printed out at Sam's like a regular digital photo and just slide them into a pretty little 4x6 photo album. The cost will be much better than having Kinkos or my printer print out regular sized scrapbook pages.

Laura
Anitabryk2
Long Island, NY
(Zone 6b)

February 1, 2006
11:35 AM

Post #2014824

excellent idea ! Thanks for sharing!
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2006
12:18 PM

Post #2014876

I bought my software so I could do pages on the computer and save them to CD. My DVD player will then play the pictures as a slideshow on my TV. I really like the idea of saving them on CD and making copies of the CDs to give to family. If something ever happens to my copy, I can borrow someone else's and copy it again. Also, the CDs take up less space than scrapbooks. Since my is grown, most of my pictures now are of my gardens. And they make a beautiful slideshow.
Anitabryk2
Long Island, NY
(Zone 6b)

February 1, 2006
12:37 PM

Post #2014904

Excellent idea - I already do the slide show of pictures, but I never thought of doing it with a scrapbook layout!
jburesh
Renton, WA
(Zone 8a)

February 13, 2006
10:26 PM

Post #2042983

wow, what motivation. Those are really great pages. For years, I have been playing with the idea of digital scrapbooking but most of the software I download is terrible. Photoshop is a bit overwhelming to me so I haven't tried it. Those pages are great though, so I may just need to find a class!

Diane_SWMich
Bloomingdale, MI

February 16, 2006
4:51 PM

Post #2048845

Laura,
I have Photoshop 7, but haven't a clue how to make pages. I've looked through the help files in the program, and just don't get it.
Can you help?
Di
MartyJo
Fayette, IA
(Zone 4b)

February 17, 2006
12:19 AM

Post #2049824

Oh please - "hog" this board all you want. Your layouts are wonderful. What great inspiration! Show us more.
4xthefun
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 17, 2006
11:05 PM

Post #2052246

Hi Di,

3 of my 4 kids have the stomach flu right now but everyone is feeling better I will give you the quick and easy low down on PhotoShop :)

Laura
Diane_SWMich
Bloomingdale, MI

February 20, 2006
4:47 PM

Post #2058395

Ok...sorry to hear about the illnesses. Hope all is well now.
Just having trouble with backgrounds. I haven't found anything on the web that'll help.
Di
Gardening_in_GA
Chickamauga, GA
(Zone 7a)

March 18, 2006
2:50 AM

Post #2120022

I would also love to know! I am pretty handy at making little tags and things with pictures in Paint shop pro...but would love to know how to do something like this!
corgimom
Pontotoc, MS
(Zone 7b)

March 20, 2006
5:34 PM

Post #2125610

Hi everyone ! This is my first post to this thread. I have made one scrapbook - so I am a newbie at this craft,too. I would LOVE to learn to do some on the computer ! However, I am also computer illeraterate! How difficult is it to learn ?
ceresn
Calamba
Philippines

August 23, 2006
1:31 PM

Post #2651059

hi everyone! im C from the Phils. I recently tried digital scrapbooking, OMG its sooo addicting! i couldn't resist making a page everytime i work with my PC. a friend told me that i can make money out of it since she believed that i have the "talent" on this thing. Im using hallmark scrapbooking studio and JASC Paint shop pro. i've seen tons of free kits/items to download over the net but those kits were too large for me to download over my dial-up connection. Now, I wanted to ask if anyone can answer my question: Can I sell services on making digitized scrapbook pages using the cliparts/images from my aforementioned softwares? i know the part that i have to give credits to the owners of downloaded kits and pay royalty fees for commercial purposes, but what i was asking about is what if i used ONLY the embelishments/cliparts from my softwares? Will I encounter any problem on this?Please help me, I need your inputs. Thanks in advance!
photo_24
Lahore
Pakistan

August 28, 2006
11:49 AM

Post #2667288

Hi,

A good news for expatriates, specially Pakistani expatriates: They can get their digital

photos printed on low cost and shipped to their family or friends in Pakistan the next

business day.

The process is simple: upload your photos on www.photoprints.pk, order for print and make

online payment. Your photos will be printed and delivered to any address in Pakistan. You also

can choose a number of a additional items such as albums etc.

I think, every expatriate Pakistan must try this and surprise those in Pakistan :)

Ali
purplepetunia
Savannah, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2006
5:45 PM

Post #2690608

Corgi, I am with you! I have also made a couple of scrapbooks, it takes me a long time. I have two photo editing software programs (photoshop elements 2 and picture it 7) and don't know how to use either of them. Have many photos that need to be edited, but haven't taken the time to learn how to do it.
I am thinking maybe I am too old to get into all this digital aspect.
pennefeather
McLean, VA
(Zone 6b)

July 20, 2008
4:32 PM

Post #5290623

I know this is an old thread, but I just found this forum, and thought that I would update it. I recently began working with Art Explosion Scrapbook Factory Ver 4.0, and I have been very impressed with it. The program is easy to use, and has tons of different backgrounds and graphics that can be added.

I am actually doing a combiation of digital and paperscrapbooking for my kids. The digital papers are 8.5 X 11, which I then put on a larger 12 X 12 scrapbook page, and added further embellishments. I decided that I prefered the larger pages compared with a 8.5 X 11 page.

The books are all the family vacations that we are going on, so that my kids will be able to look back on where we went, and what we did. For each vacation, I print a contact sheet of all of the photos that I have taken, and then the kids pick the pictures that they want included. I add other pictures that I think would help tell the story. I am also including souvenirs from our travels.

I wish that I had this type of keepsake from when I was a child. You don't realize how valuable
this information is until you don't have it.
hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

August 23, 2008
3:17 AM

Post #5455180

I just stumbled in here too. I have Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop Elements and I think most hobbyists would prefer to not have to do everything from scratch, including scouring the earth for graphics.

If you're looking for a program that includes templates, clipart and so on, there are quite a few: Print Shop and Printmaster by Broderbund, Print Artist by Nova Development. Check their websites for the several versions. Hallmark also makes a number of print software programs. Many of the general creative printing programs include templates for scrapbooking now. There are also a number of programs specifically for scrapbooking, such as the one mentioned by Pennefeather. Hallmark has one of these too.

Smilebox is a website you might want to check out. You make some pretty cool digital scrapbooks with music and animation. A lot of the site is free but if you want to print or email without ads, you have to pay a small fee per project or a few bucks a month or $40 a year. I thought they had some pretty templates.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2008 11:18 PM
hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

September 4, 2008
8:55 PM

Post #5508525

Pennefeather, I wanted to thank you for posting the info on Scrapbook Factory 4.0. I ordered it based on your recommendation and it is VERY easy to use. I was really pleased too with the large number of graphics and preset scrapbook templates available and the huge amount of other projects.

The quality of the graphics was a nice surprise too.

I plan to try the feature that allows you to save scrapbooks to CD for viewing on TV so that I can send my mother some nice photo scrapbooks she can view. She absolutely refuses to use a computer so this will be a nice option for sharing great-grandchildren photos with her.
pennefeather
McLean, VA
(Zone 6b)

September 7, 2008
1:19 AM

Post #5518295

Hart,
I'm so glad that you like it! I have only half finished my project because I keep finding something else to do (this is true of most projects that I begin), but I think it is going to look great when I finish. Things will be winding down in the garden soon, so I will have extra time on my hands.
BlkRose
Seattle, WA

March 31, 2009
11:15 PM

Post #6346991

Hi all, just joined the community. I'm a dedicated digiscrapper and have worked as a Creative Team member for several scrap designers. Happy to see some other digiscrappers here!

Here's a layout I did a few months ago as a starter:

Thumbnail by BlkRose

ggd
North Saanich
Canada

January 24, 2011
4:19 PM

Post #8328278

Bumping up this message. Looking at some digital scrapbooking and looking for more info or any online sites that any of you use. I don't have anything particular in mind yet, but thought I'd get some of you thinking!

Thanks.

Glenda
Jtaylor38
Highgrove, CA

September 16, 2011
3:18 PM

Post #8811374

i'm addicted to digital scrap booking too. i use "SmileBox"
newtonsthirdlaw
Arlington, TX

May 12, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9121019

Can I print out the pages created on one of these programs to make a "hard" copy scrapbook?
3amStamper
Santa Rosa, CA

November 20, 2012
2:29 PM

Post #9338312

[quote="ceresn"]hi everyone! im C from the Phils. I recently tried digital scrapbooking, OMG its sooo addicting! i couldn't resist making a page everytime i work with my PC. a friend told me that i can make money out of it since she believed that i have the "talent" on this thing. Im using hallmark scrapbooking studio and JASC Paint shop pro. i've seen tons of free kits/items to download over the net but those kits were too large for me to download over my dial-up connection. Now, I wanted to ask if anyone can answer my question: Can I sell services on making digitized scrapbook pages using the cliparts/images from my aforementioned softwares? i know the part that i have to give credits to the owners of downloaded kits and pay royalty fees for commercial purposes, but what i was asking about is what if i used ONLY the embelishments/cliparts from my softwares? Will I encounter any problem on this?Please help me, I need your inputs. Thanks in advance![/quote]
I hope you found your answer, but if not, you'll need to see what the Angel Policies are for the software you're using. You might be able to find the answer on the Hallmark & JASC websites. I'd be interested in knowing what they say.
Mary
http://www.3amstamper.com

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
How to...handmade cards? jh_gardens 37 Aug 22, 2009 12:50 AM
Anyone know how to make seed embedded paper, fancy and cute? branka 10 Apr 20, 2008 9:14 PM
Links for card designs?? ggd 9 Jul 29, 2008 1:53 PM
Card Making ggd 28 Apr 17, 2010 7:59 AM
pop-ups dp72 8 Aug 19, 2009 6:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America