Photo by Melody

Needle Arts: Society Silk Embroidery repair.

Communities > Forums > Needle Arts
bookmark
Forum: Needle ArtsReplies: 5, Views: 200
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Jeansgarden
Goleta, CA

January 22, 2006
7:27 PM

Post #1993623

I have some VERY minor repair work that needs to be done on an antique table runner. I am not capable of doing it myself. Can anyone recommend someone who does this kind of work?

Thanks!

Jean

This message was edited Jan 22, 2006 2:11 PM

Thumbnail by Jeansgarden
Click the image for an enlarged view.

stownes
Mansfield, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 26, 2006
1:14 PM

Post #2001497

You could check with local specialty shops (that carry heirloom sewing supplies, embroidery, etc). A lot of them give classes and might know of someone. Beautiful table runner.
Jeansgarden
Goleta, CA

January 28, 2006
2:29 PM

Post #2006229

Oh good idea! Hadn't thought of that!

Thanks Stownes.

Jean
bedouin
Fort Lauderdale, FL
(Zone 10b)

January 10, 2008
5:37 AM

Post #4382721

Charming as well as beautiful table runner.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 18, 2008
12:29 AM

Post #4676308

I am new here and have been a student of traditional Japanese silk embroidery for over five years. The most "simple" repair requires hand dyed silk (imported from China or, as I prefer, from Japan) and framing the piece for correct tension. This may be simple in your estimation... but not. The creation of many of these old embroideries requires/ed specialized skills, but even more, specialized tools and equipment. I'd be glad to send you pics of my work and if I can help please DMail. Regardless of what you do with your runner, the piece is a treasure and should be stored or repaired accordingly.
traveler5
West Islip, NY

September 22, 2009
7:28 PM

Post #7092637

While I cannot repair your pc. I did want to say it is beautiful and I wish you luck. A few years back I joined an on line sild embroidery forum. It has gone out of business. They would have a new project each month and you would join the project. I really enjoyed it. I no sooner bought some new ribbon and that was the end of them. Anyone know of another forum such as that one? I'd certainly like to know.

Thank you for your response.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Needle Arts Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Crochet! celia 23 Nov 21, 2012 4:52 AM
Hand embroidery MaryinLa 24 May 5, 2009 3:59 PM
Baby rings from 1992 crochet pattern LavinaMae 64 Jul 21, 2014 12:58 PM
Santa Claus mits ViolaAnn 19 May 5, 2011 12:44 PM
christening gown Joannaz 6 May 1, 2007 1:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America