AuthorContent

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2006
5:02 PM

Post #1995175

When you clean out something (the fridge, or pantry, a closet or cabinet...or whatever), do you find yourself walking over and opening the door just to take another peek and revel in your accomplishment?

I know I do - please don't tell me I'm the only one!

Sometimes that's what spurs me on to keep going - I get one area really super-clean, and it motivates me to work on something else.
ginnylynn
Blyth, ON
(Zone 5b)

January 23, 2006
5:21 PM

Post #1995218

LOL I do it too! Really, it takes so little to make me happy :-) --Ginny
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

January 23, 2006
5:26 PM

Post #1995228

I re-caulked the bathtub in my kids' bathroom and go in there no less than once a day just to look at the terrific job that I did. No, you are not alone...
nannybee
Boone, IA

January 23, 2006
5:26 PM

Post #1995230

What a great message today. I just cleaned out the fridge and I'm looking at it about every ten minutes. DH is away for a week on business and I hope it still looks this good when he gets back so he will think I have accomplished something.

Nancy
magoobu
Phoenix, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2006
9:39 PM

Post #1995652

YES I do the same thing happy to be among the truly OCD here with loving the accomplishment of just that -- a clean cabinet-- fridge--- that junk drawer all nice and neat whew!!!
Yuska
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2006
4:49 PM

Post #1997284

If I didn't spend much time admiring/clapping hands in delight I might be able to move on to the next challenge before the inspiration fades away...
stownes
Mansfield, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 24, 2006
9:18 PM

Post #1997705

LOL I do the same thing, too! Wish I could get the whole house clean all at once :-)
magoobu
Phoenix, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2006
11:35 PM

Post #1997985

Oh and when you do which I have done you will be beside yourself you have to walk into every room with good lighting and just be so happy and pleased with yourself as I am when this happens LOL

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2006
4:03 PM

Post #1999398

I think Flylady would call us all "transformation junkies" - and after I discovered her term for this condition, I used to feel really bad when I caught myself doing it.

But no more - now I fully celebrate my accomplishments, but I also vow to not let the area become so disorganized again ;o)
mgh
Willamette Valley, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 27, 2006
2:50 AM

Post #2003126

I always say that Terry, but somehow it always ends up just as disorganized as before...couldn't be me that's doing it...could it? LOL
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

September 6, 2009
5:42 AM

Post #7031189

I love to check on my successes also. I thought it was one of my quirks.
I don't have many successes in the housekeeping area. Mine are in the garden. =^..^=
rubyw
Crozet, VA

September 22, 2009
5:16 AM

Post #7090625

Join the club, mgh. As I am once again straightening one of my spare bedrooms, I recall the other times that I have done the same thing. I know for a fact that some of the items I stuck back in the closet are things that I will never use again, but for some reason cannot let go of them yet. Now that both of my sons are out on their own, I won't have the excuse of lack of room. I now have two spare bedrooms that ought to prevent what has sometimes happened in the past when I would bring in items and put on a bedroom floor and not put away and still be looking at the shopping bags sometimes two and three weeks later. Now that I have more closet space, I shouldn't have to deal with that issue any longer. It will be interesting to see if I am able to keep up with things once I get these two rooms set up the way I want them. And, oh yeah, I love the little rush I get when looking at a organizing success. It does seem to help us want to continue and do more so that we can feel even better. I am really grateful that so many others are so much like me. I appreciate the input of everyone who posts on these boards. Wishing good success for everyone.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Clean and Clutter-free Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anyone enjoy TLC's "Clean Sweep"? gardenwife 22 Jun 24, 2008 12:44 AM
Favorite bathroom cleaner? Terry 79 Nov 9, 2013 2:05 AM
Dog Slobber levilyla 24 Nov 4, 2012 3:33 PM
Vacuums Yuska 99 Jan 5, 2011 9:36 AM
What about FLY LADY?!! Anybody follow her advice?!! tabasco 82 Aug 2, 2011 2:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America