Do you do this?

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

When you clean out something (the fridge, or pantry, a closet or cabinet...or whatever), do you find yourself walking over and opening the door just to take another peek and revel in your accomplishment?

I know I do - please don't tell me I'm the only one!

Sometimes that's what spurs me on to keep going - I get one area really super-clean, and it motivates me to work on something else.

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

LOL I do it too! Really, it takes so little to make me happy :-) --Ginny

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

I re-caulked the bathtub in my kids' bathroom and go in there no less than once a day just to look at the terrific job that I did. No, you are not alone...

Boone, IA

What a great message today. I just cleaned out the fridge and I'm looking at it about every ten minutes. DH is away for a week on business and I hope it still looks this good when he gets back so he will think I have accomplished something.

Nancy

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

YES I do the same thing happy to be among the truly OCD here with loving the accomplishment of just that -- a clean cabinet-- fridge--- that junk drawer all nice and neat whew!!!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

If I didn't spend much time admiring/clapping hands in delight I might be able to move on to the next challenge before the inspiration fades away................

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL I do the same thing, too! Wish I could get the whole house clean all at once :-)

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh and when you do which I have done you will be beside yourself you have to walk into every room with good lighting and just be so happy and pleased with yourself as I am when this happens LOL

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I think Flylady would call us all "transformation junkies" - and after I discovered her term for this condition, I used to feel really bad when I caught myself doing it.

But no more - now I fully celebrate my accomplishments, but I also vow to not let the area become so disorganized again ;o)

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I always say that Terry, but somehow it always ends up just as disorganized as before.......couldn't be me that's doing it.....could it? LOL

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

I love to check on my successes also. I thought it was one of my quirks.
I don't have many successes in the housekeeping area. Mine are in the garden. =^..^=

Crozet, VA

Join the club, mgh. As I am once again straightening one of my spare bedrooms, I recall the other times that I have done the same thing. I know for a fact that some of the items I stuck back in the closet are things that I will never use again, but for some reason cannot let go of them yet. Now that both of my sons are out on their own, I won't have the excuse of lack of room. I now have two spare bedrooms that ought to prevent what has sometimes happened in the past when I would bring in items and put on a bedroom floor and not put away and still be looking at the shopping bags sometimes two and three weeks later. Now that I have more closet space, I shouldn't have to deal with that issue any longer. It will be interesting to see if I am able to keep up with things once I get these two rooms set up the way I want them. And, oh yeah, I love the little rush I get when looking at a organizing success. It does seem to help us want to continue and do more so that we can feel even better. I am really grateful that so many others are so much like me. I appreciate the input of everyone who posts on these boards. Wishing good success for everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.