Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Electronics: Apple Ipod Nano

Communities > Forums > Electronics
bookmark
Forum: ElectronicsReplies: 5, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2006
12:19 AM

Post #1996058

I bought my son an Ipod Nano from Apple for his birthday 3 months ago and it has already broken. The screen has 'gone out.' It comes up as black and you can't work any of the controls.

Apple will not stand behind it even tho it has a warranty. They say it's not covered under the 'limited warranty.' We even spent money on a protective case for it to protect it and he has always carried it in that. They also say they won't even fix it if we pay for it! So basically I've spent $300 on the Ipod plus accessories and now we get to throw it in the garbage can?

Anyone here had a similar experience?

Gwen
TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

January 24, 2007
7:29 PM

Post #3118198

Something went wrong with my Nano when I first got it; I went to their website and followed the procedures set forth to trouble shoot and send back. They sent me a new one. I did notice that there is NO WAY to telephone them. You are at the mercy of the website. Didn't care much for that.

What a terrible experience for you.
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

January 25, 2007
4:10 AM

Post #3119921

I discovered after talking to people online that this was a really common problem and that the people on the phone were instructed to blow it off. But when I walked into a store, they were more than helpful and replaced it.

I was not really impressed with my first apple experience because of that attitude to try and get rid of as many complaints as possible by weeding out the phone calls.

Gwen
Jonst
sunrise
United States

May 6, 2007
9:15 AM

Post #3467943

Hi, I also had some problem with my Ipod but recently I found a great tech support site with free live chat support that help you deal with all of your problems. Here is the page for Ipod Support: http://www.fixya.com/support/apple/mp3_and_digital_media_players

Good luck

Jon
Chriso

May 16, 2007
3:10 PM

Post #3503385

Apple Ipod Nanos are not worth the money. My son had his for 1 month and the screen cracked. We had an MP3 player for three years and nothing like this ever happened to it. IPods are NOT durable electronics. I went to the Apple Store to see if it could be replaced or fixed and they would not do anything about it. They wanted me to spend another $80 to replace it. It's not worth replacing only to have it happen again. By the way, he placed it in his pants pocket and when he removed it, it was cracked! BUY A SONY MP3 player instead!!
TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA
(Zone 4b)

May 16, 2007
5:22 PM

Post #3503862

My new one is working pretty good. But I agree, you have to look at is as a throw-away.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Electronics Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Need Circuit Help Marth164 2 Oct 17, 2007 2:25 PM
e-S/W CKT help chacha1234 5 Oct 17, 2007 2:18 PM
MP3 advice anastatia 3 Mar 3, 2007 9:35 AM
DISH remote? anastatia 2 May 5, 2007 8:04 PM
TV problems blmlb 4 Apr 5, 2007 10:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America