Photo by Melody

Peppers: How long to pepper plants last?

Communities > Forums > Peppers
bookmark
Forum: PeppersReplies: 4, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
meszaros9
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 30, 2006
2:04 PM

Post #2010441

I know stupid question. I have 4 plants that have lasted since last April and I now have about 12 plants that are 10" tall and are starting to flower and 3 that have 3" fruit so far on them.

1) Is it too young to let these little guys start producing fruit. They are Hungarian semi-hots.
They look so small with these fruit on them like they will topple over.

2) How long to these plants last? Till something kills them or will they just stop producing or produce forever ???

3) I have an Aniheim (? spelling) and this was the only one I bought as a seedling from a store. I planted it in September and fruit galore but I thought it said semi-hot pepper but it is as sweet as can be. Looks like all the pics etc... i let one get completly red to see if it would spice it up more but nope. sweet as can be. :(

Thanks for any info
Michelle
Sequee
Carmel, NY
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2006
4:05 PM

Post #2010622

I have an Ornamental Sweet Cherry Pepper that is going on 5 years. Still producing like crazy, too, and having babies galore. We keep it inside in a sunny window late September through April, and it seems happy as can be!

Haven't had such luck with the others. Will be interested in seeing what some of your neighbors have to say!
kanita
Los Angeles, CA
(Zone 10a)

January 30, 2006
10:34 PM

Post #2011162

Pepper plants last as long as you take care of them. I have had the same jalapeno plant for 3 years now, and its still doing fine. I trimmed off all the branches and leaves, and now I have new leaves growing all over, so I'm thinking this year it will just be bigger and better.

kanita
kimmers
Turlock, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 2, 2006
1:55 AM

Post #2016494

I have a 'Tequila Sunrise' that I started from seed last year.The darn thing is still in it's 1 g. pot against a South wall putting out peppers! Gotta love plants ;)
meszaros9
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

February 2, 2006
3:13 AM

Post #2016654

Thats funny Kimmers.

You do gotta love em...
Michelle

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Name This Sweet, Sweet Pepper Tplant 117 Apr 3, 2008 12:24 AM
pepper plants started HERBIE43 7 Oct 11, 2007 12:56 PM
Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers - What Do You Do With Them? Breezymeadow 21 Mar 20, 2008 2:58 AM
fish peppers up and growing HERBIE43 32 Jul 24, 2009 8:35 PM
Peppers resource thread - opinions & suggestions, please Terry 13 Aug 31, 2010 10:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America