SOLVED: What kind of flower?

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

This yellow flower has stems that are almost purple. Any one know what it is? It grows tall, 6 feet or so. Thanks Jim

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

it looks like it could be one of the perennial sunflowers. can you do a closeup of a leaf and flower?

Mark

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

I saw some of these today in a professionally landscaped area. Looked great. No name attached. :-(

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

When I took the photo it was almost ready to rain and I didn't want to use the flash. I was going to try again and now my camera won't work. There are 13 petals on each bloom.
Hopefully I can get the camera to work and take another photo. The stalks and stems are a deep purple and looks so good with the yellow flowers. Jim

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

That is pretty Jim - but I don't know it. I'd love to hear what it is when you find out. I check through some of my books & maybe get lucky.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Went out and looked again and some of the stalks are purple and some are brownish purple color. I got it beside a rail road track in Alabama several years ago. Went back several times since then to the same spot but haven't seen any more. Jim

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.