-
AuthorContent
levilyla
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2006
3:10 PM

Post #2017316

Does anyone know how to get rid of dog slobber on walls, woodwork, leather furniture etc.? I always wash with a wet rag but there always seems to be an outline remaining...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Nancy P.S. I don't know whether this is the right thread to put this on~~~

This message was edited Feb 2, 2006 11:12 AM

Thumbnail by levilyla
Click the image for an enlarged view.

shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

February 3, 2006
2:51 PM

Post #2019556

I will be interested to see what people come up with. We have hardwood floors and after the dogs get a drink of water, it seems impossible to really get the spots up where they have drooled it all over the floor.
levilyla
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

February 3, 2006
5:00 PM

Post #2019806

My Mastiff, Lyla, is only allowed outside water and the toilet where she can drool over the tile. We had hardwood floors in our powder room and had them replaced because they rotted away from her drool. She puts her whole head up to her eyes in the bowl and then walks around dripping. Check out the pets forum ...I posted this there also.
magoobu
Phoenix, MD
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2006
11:32 PM

Post #2036132

OH my that slobber has made it over here to clean and clutter free LMAO!!!!

scrubbing the heck out of it or getting it right away may help~~~~ Just follow her arouind and dry her off everytime she drinks!!! LMAO!!! that should be easy right????? Now give me tips on getting the puppy who just dug in the back yard off the table LOL
levilyla
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2006
11:43 PM

Post #2036163

Well you LET her on the table
magoobu
Phoenix, MD
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2006
11:45 PM

Post #2036171

LMAO I have yelled now and she now sneaks up~~~ used to just get tehre anytime now she knows not too and sneaks~~~~ crazy dog LOL
levilyla
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2006
11:46 PM

Post #2036177

bhh
magoobu
Phoenix, MD
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2006
12:07 AM

Post #2036225

yes indeed bless her heart and my table LOL

PeggieK
Claremore, OK
(Zone 6a)

June 24, 2006
5:53 PM

Post #2428213

We have a poodle that we have to keep a towel by the door to clean his feet each time he goes out. Seems like the dew is always heavy in the morning and gets his feet wet, and then he runs through the garden dirt, tracks mud in...grrrrrr.
kanji2000
Schenectady, NY

September 27, 2006
8:38 PM

Post #2764095

I've experienced a similar problem and have found my answer in a carpet cleaning machine in http://www.carpetcleaningla.com.
levilyla
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2006
11:36 PM

Post #2764679

thanks...I have cousins in Schenectady...Biggs?
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

September 30, 2006
3:40 AM

Post #2771792

I wonder if you could clean the slobber off of the leather furniture with Murphey's oil soap and water. It should be safe to use on leather.
My Corkie is a lab and she likes to "Chew" water. She doesn't lap it up. Don't know where she was when that lesson was being taught. Do you really have to teach anything how to drink? Then she just walks away from the bowl with her mouth flooding like a faucet left on. Really frustrating.
I also make her water dish available outdoors, but we have other pets that do not go outside (cats) and they need to drink also. Then there is the "stupid" cat who places his feet on the rim of the water dish nearest him when he drinks and tips it over. I really don't think he is stupid, just onery.
The Murphey's oil soap diluted with water can be made ahead of time and stored in a spray bottle. It works on painted surfaces and woodwork also. With the oil base it just might help make things a bit more water proof.
I love the stuff and use it even on wood floors.
I love that picture of the Mastiff. I remember when you were worried that the bigf dog would injure the pup when you first got it.
levilyla
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 30, 2006
12:09 PM

Post #2772173

Thanks...I DO use Murphys oil soap sometimes and find that it does a pretty good job...I think as I said before that there is something in the dog saliva that is staining. I sure can relate to the chewing of water...we keep all water outside and they drink (sorry) out of the toilet bowl inside and the cat drinks on a counter. Lyla dips her head into the bowl up to her eye brows and then raises her head and comes to greet anyone around. I have to keep a bath towel present and when we have guests I just hand out cleaning tickets.
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

September 30, 2006
6:15 PM

Post #2772913

I have a dog that sometimes paddles in the water we have in the house. Now that is a mess. He usually does it after coming inside. I think he wants to cool off.
Mobi
Denver, CO
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2006
12:43 PM

Post #2848401

On windows the best thing I found to clean dog slobber is half-vinegar, half water solution. It really cuts through the saliva a lot easier than regular cleaners
Windy
Belleville , IL
(Zone 6b)

October 25, 2006
8:35 PM

Post #2849828

Someone said that peroxide is good for cleaning windows also.
Just for fun sometimes I look at the messed up windows where the cats licked, and try to make out something interesting. My conclusion is, they are all aliens from another planet trying to contact the mother ship. Now that is the reason I give for leaving their messages there. LOL
MsKatt
Mid-Michigan, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 21, 2007
5:11 AM

Post #3518906

The vinegar and water works pretty good on my Angus' drool. He's only 4 months old, but he's working on being a drooling machine.
overworked
Appleton, WI

July 26, 2007
1:06 PM

Post #3781197

I have a black lab who looks like he has shoe laces hanging out of his mouth much of the time. Then...he does the head shake. We have found dog drool on the ceiling! My cleaning product of choice...Mr. Clean magic eraser! Takes it off with no marks in a few seconds! Rub gently though...so far I have used it on paint, ceramic, wood (wood floors, wood furniture, and woodwork for windows, baseboards, etc.), and plaster. And everything seems fine. (We have a satin finish paint...Matte finish might wear a little) Hope it helps!
birdsnblooms

(Zone 5b)

July 26, 2007
8:08 PM

Post #3782748

levilyla- you need THIS!
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/08/toilet_dog_bowl.jpg
rosewynd
Anza, CA
(Zone 8b)

November 18, 2007
3:49 AM

Post #4205447

Vinegar will take honey off the floor, too. (That's where the dog left the honey bottle)

For slobber - Pine Sol, Dow's Scrubbing Bubbles (for textured walls), Vinegar, or a steamer.

The best slobber-resistant paint is Sear's Easy Living, or Dutch Boy children's room paint.

This message was edited Nov 20, 2007 3:23 PM
Pyewacketcat54
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 20, 2007
10:34 AM

Post #4212911

I have 3 large dogs,4 cats,seems I'm forever cleaning something... the hair is my thing. Mollie,(140lb. bloodhound/st.Bernard mix) has the shoestring thing going for her too.LOL I've lived in Alaska,and she reminds me of the moose when they get a drink out of a river,when they lift their heads,the water running out of their mouths,ya just gotta love her though.Photo of her and a friend from Ak.She loves Dan,as you can tell.
I'll have to try the erasers on the slobber,though Sallie gets a drink off Mollie's face sometimes,I have to get that on film,it is cute!

Thumbnail by Pyewacketcat54
Click the image for an enlarged view.

WeedLady
Weatherford, TX
(Zone 7b)

November 30, 2007
1:52 AM

Post #4244909

Oh Miss Mollie is too cute. With those jawls, duct tape and a straw come to mind. LOL I have five dogs ,2 which are Pugs and will carry water for at least an hour after drinking. Would love to have an answer to this problem also. Yep my big dogs can drink off the faces of the Pugs also.
smileysue74
Los Angeles, CA

September 30, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9291426

Those shoe string looking things of slobber have a name... They're called FLOOGERS..lol, found it at a site dedicated to Newfoundlands who are notorious droolers and flooger throwers. There's an entire chat forum full of comments regarding floogers, where and how far they have been found, etc. Having a Newfoundland, we have floogers every where... and God forbid one of the smaller dogs get hit with one. Having a towel handy is good but not always possible and although bibs don't help much on the dog, if the dog is wearing one, they have a towel handy for which you may wipe their saliva off of their faces and yourself, for this reason, I advise adding some elastic ties to the bib, lol.
I agree regarding the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and the vinegar mix.
Hydrogen Peroxide also works well for removing saliva from hard wood floors and upholstery. Always test a small area first If using peroxide, it's best to moisten a paper towel with peroxide and then allow it to sit.. but cover it with plastic wrap and then another layer to protect against light bc light degrades peroxide. Always rub in the direction of the wood or fabric. Wash with mild soap afterwards and dry with a towel. Repeat, if necessary.
I don't own the rights to the last pic I posted..I found it online, posted to facebook. It's just too cute so felt the desire to add it... what a nice smile, huh?
This message was edited Sep 30, 2012 5:55 PM

This message was edited Sep 30, 2012 5:59 PM

Thumbnail by smileysue74   Thumbnail by smileysue74   Thumbnail by smileysue74   Thumbnail by smileysue74   Thumbnail by smileysue74
Click an image for an enlarged view.

rubyw
Crozet, VA

November 3, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #9323562

Great info and pictures Sue. Thanks for sharing.

Ruby

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 4, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9324579

for a second i thought magoo was back and then i checked the date on this thread...boy, i miss her.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Clean and Clutter-free Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anyone enjoy TLC's "Clean Sweep"? gardenwife 22 Jun 24, 2008 12:44 AM
Favorite bathroom cleaner? Terry 79 Nov 9, 2013 2:05 AM
Do you do this? Terry 11 Sep 22, 2009 5:16 AM
Vacuums Yuska 99 Jan 5, 2011 9:36 AM
What about FLY LADY?!! Anybody follow her advice?!! tabasco 82 Aug 2, 2011 2:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America