-
AuthorContent
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 4, 2006
1:03 PM

Post #2021640

I've just started my garden diary. I notice that we can put only one picture in each entry.

Since my garden is brand new I wanted to keep a progression of the start up and comparisons as time goes by as the plants grow and fill in. http://davesgarden.com/journal/d/m/MollyMc/

Will we ever be able to post more than one photo to an entry?, if not do you have any suggestions on how to work this so comparisons are easier to access? kinda side by side without a lot of scrolling etc.

Not sure if I am verbally clear on this, forgive me if not. Maybe there is another way to set up the diary.

Thanks,
Molly
:^)))

P.S. Are the diaries public to the whole world? Can I link my sister to look at them without her having a Dave's membership?
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

February 4, 2006
1:28 PM

Post #2021683

Molly, There is a free software down load that lets you put multiple images together. Side by side for comparison.
Someone here at DG suggested it a while back. I looked at it but have yet to try it.
I wish to do a sequential photo project on Blackberry care and other such things.
It's on my 'rainy day' list of things to do, lol.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Andy P
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 4, 2006
1:35 PM

Post #2021700

Thanks Andy, I will take a look at that. I know about those rainyday project. So many projects and not enough rain...heehee.

Molly
bigcityal
Menasha, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2006
3:54 PM

Post #2022007

Molly,
there is a garden tour forum set up to show your diary to the whole world. Some enteries you can make private if you wish. There is no way to upload more than one photo per entry - you might be able to link in a url - kind of of a pain. Go over there and see how some people arrange them.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/seemygarden/all/
I set up tabs for all areas/plants/before after.
Al
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 4, 2006
5:21 PM

Post #2022211

Al,

Thanks for the tip and your tour. I think I need to set up a few more tabs to accomplish this.

Molly
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

February 4, 2006
6:18 PM

Post #2022336

Molly, Here is a link to another thread where that prog is discussed.
Scroll down to atlr's post of July 4, 8:46 AM.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/519068/
Andy P
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 4, 2006
10:40 PM

Post #2022933

Thanks Andy. That's a great before and after photo! K, I'm in.

Molly
maggiemoo
Conroe, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2006
9:04 PM

Post #2049403

Molly,

The garden diary is an excellent way to document the progress of your garden, but it doesn't require multiple photos per entry. The way I look at it, the garden diary is your own forum, and you're the only person who is allowed to actually post in the forum. Each "tab" you create in your diary is like a thread in your forum. You can post a picture in each one of your entries (the equivalent of posts in a forum.) In essence, you can make a photo documentary of the progress, and the text becomes the caption or explanation of each photo. Remember also that you can manipulate the dates for each entry to fit the timeline of whatever you're posting (unlike a forum, where the date you post is the date of the entry.)

Your diary is only available for view to registered members of DG, but like bigcityal said, you can choose to make any entry private.

I'm working on showing the conversion of my backyard from a shady garden to a sunny garden. So far I have only posted the pictures I want to use, in the order I want them, but have made them all private until I fill in the text.

This isn't a true "progress" type of thread (tab), but it will show you what I'm talking about as far as posting a picture in each entry: http://davesgarden.com/journal/d/t/maggiemoo/16/ .

Hope this helps!
MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 16, 2006
11:05 PM

Post #2049681

Maggie, Thanks so much for the tips. I have been working periodically on the diary. Later, in the spring when things warm up, I will do the journal. Only after I see what survived my move from Lauderdale, my waterless neglect and the temps below freezing here in our new home.

FYI, I sent a link to my journal to my sister who is not a member at all. She was able to ready my diaries. (I made none of it private). I think this is a good thing. That way my, long distance family can take a look at how things are going here on my new place.

Molly
maggiemoo
Conroe, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 17, 2006
11:48 PM

Post #2052335

I agree, I would like to be able to share my diary - the parts I make public - to be available to my family and friends as well. If I can't get them to join DG, at least I can share my garden with them online!

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 178 Aug 25, 2014 3:44 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America