Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mosaics and Stained Glass: Glass painting

Communities > Forums > Mosaics and Stained Glass
bookmark
Forum: Mosaics and Stained GlassReplies: 3, Views: 102
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Vee8ch
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 12, 2006
10:12 AM

Post #2039432

Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong forum but I don't know what the right forum would be. Since you guys work with glass maybe you can help?

I want to paint clear dishes in opaque and transparent colors ... no flowers or patterns but just solid colors. These paints need to hold up in outside weather. I found this line of paints that bake enamel hard and I'm wondering if anyone here has ever used it?
http://www.dickblick.com/zz029/08/
and
http://www.dickblick.com/zz029/50/

Or maybe you can lead me to a forum that can help? Thank you! :) ... vicki

This message was edited Feb 12, 2006 6:35 AM
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 12, 2006
2:05 PM

Post #2039753

Hi vicki,
I don't know about that product line of paints or this one either: http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm?page=itemList&stage=2

but I've done business with delphiglass and like them.
Might wanna take a look there too. I didn't do a price or product comparison, but you might want to check them out.
Vee8ch
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 12, 2006
6:13 PM

Post #2040439

Thank you Lisa! :) I'll investigate! ... vicki
gayelston
Cardigan
United Kingdom

December 12, 2007
3:26 PM

Post #4287595

Hi,
I find a very good paint for indoor, & outdoor when baked, use on both glass & ceramics etc is the Folk Art Enamels range that includes metallics & other special colours as well as a good range of standard colours.
We sell some of them on our website & that's how I got to experiment with them.
They are lovely high pigment paints that have the same colours as the ordinary Folk Art Acrylics range that they use in the "One Stroke" painting technique.,, so you can co-ordinate your walls & accessories etc for a total look without spending a fortune!
I love them!!
Regards
gayelston
Artyfactsforcrafts.com

Thumbnail by gayelston
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Mosaics and Stained Glass Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I'm trying stained glass mosaics without grout! luckygardnr 14 Aug 23, 2012 3:05 PM
How is your shop set up? SandiTX 26 Aug 3, 2009 4:15 AM
Show us all your bowling balls! luckygardnr 272 Aug 9, 2014 2:11 PM
A Demonstration: Breaking Properties of Tempered Glass scooterbug 10 Aug 28, 2007 4:50 AM
Grout colour ? Heatherbelle 48 Jan 10, 2012 7:47 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America