-
AuthorContent
KathyJo
Fayette, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2006
2:05 PM

Post #2053291

Thought I'd send along a picture of one of my cows waiting to be fed.. This was taken a couple of weeks ago after a new light morning snow.

Robert, This is one of my simmentals.. I think she might have a little Brahmer in her.. The guy I bought her from wants to buy her back if I ever sell her. His wife wanted him to sell a few of his cows since they were having a new baby and he was spending way too much time outside.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2006 9:06 AM

Thumbnail by KathyJo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

patischell
Fort Pierce, FL
(Zone 10a)

February 18, 2006
2:35 PM

Post #2053365

Awwww, nothing sweeter than a cow's face to a city gal! I LOVE this forum, you would be surprised how much I "lurk" on here. Guess it's my NC hillbilly genes! LOL
Pati
TamaraFaye
Fritch, TX
(Zone 6b)

February 19, 2006
3:28 AM

Post #2054956

me, too! can't get into this forum enough. it would take less of my time if i lurked! you know, "lurk, but don't post" = "look but don't touch"! I just can't do it!!!

they are dolls, for sure!

tf

patrob

patrob
Goldthwaite, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 19, 2006
3:55 AM

Post #2055015

I see the possibility of the Brahma in her.
Wish my cattle were in as good condition as those seem to be.
sagewoodfarm
Benton City, WA
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2006
4:32 AM

Post #2055070

They are so sweet. I wish I could reach out and pet them. I love their smell too. The sweet smell not the stinky ones they sometime have.
KathyJo
Fayette, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2006
12:39 PM

Post #2055380

The red and white one looking over the fence lost her calf before it was born last year. It was trying to be born tail first. Had to have the Vet out to help.. My point being she didn't have a calf on her all year.. So she is bound to look fat and sassy. The big white one behind her didn't get bred last year.. I made the horrible mistake of not having the bull semen tested. With that and what I hope is top rations they are in good condition.

sagewoodfarm. You might be able to pet the big white one.. I could do almost anything with her. She was a bottle calf. But cattle are funny. They know their stockman ( or woman in my case ). When someone different hangs around they act a little skiddish.

The red and white one is always the first in line to be fed.. I can touch her nose.. and she will eat out of my hand, but you probably couldn't hug her

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America