-
AuthorContent
KatyMac
So. Puget Sound, WA
(Zone 8b)

February 22, 2006
4:50 PM

Post #2063334

I can't manage the bigs bags of Portland Cement and can't find anything smaller anywhere, on foot or on line. What if I got either small Quikrete concrete mix or motar mix packages and added peat, perlite, etc? I can get free delivery of these to the local store in 6 packs and tufa experiment. Do you experts think this is totally off the wall?

http://www.acehardware.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=quikrete 6 pack
scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

February 23, 2006
1:30 AM

Post #2064514

Katy , Not a good idea adding to a redimix concrete product would be like adding more flour to a boxed cake mix.

The cement in redimixes has been stretched far enough already in what ever formula it is. (I hope I am making this concept clear enough )

Some people have tried it but we don't hear how long the project held up it seems.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Most women just ask the store to have a hardbody load the Portland into the vehicle.

Then when you get home have some covered 5 gal buckets or some kind of covered ©Rubbermaid type bins ready.

Slice the top or side of the cement bag open so you can scoop it out ( wear a dust mask ).

If you can divide it to the weight you can handle ... this will work for anyone.

Oh yeah, , First line the containers with a good plastic trash bag so you can twist it closed before you put the lid on.

The whole object is to keep yer powder dry ... lol
scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

February 23, 2006
1:33 AM

Post #2064523

ANYWAY, ya don't really want all those rocks in your recipe ;-P

AND ... there is no such thing as a 'dumb question' ( only dumb answers , just ask me ... lol )
KatyMac
So. Puget Sound, WA
(Zone 8b)

February 23, 2006
4:00 AM

Post #2064921

Thanks scooterbug, that's what I needed. I will find some sturdy containers with lids and GO FOR IT! ;~)
scooterbug
Tellico Plains, TN
(Zone 7b)

February 23, 2006
3:04 PM

Post #2065636

Rock on girl !

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Hypertufa and Concrete Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hypertufa Trough Mini Garden Buttoneer 16 May 22, 2007 6:02 AM
Mock Rock rootdoctor 38 Apr 16, 2013 1:45 PM
More Mock Rock rootdoctor 182 Oct 21, 2012 1:24 AM
Making rocks trois 188 Mar 26, 2013 10:44 AM
Hyper Tufa - Another Fountain meagert 34 Sep 17, 2008 11:09 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America