Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Perfect WS container

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I bought cake containers from the grocery bakery dept for 20 cents each (including base and 6 in dome). They are 10 inches in diamenter, and all clear. I'll attach a picture

Thumbnail by kqcrna
So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

Great idea! I have family and friends saving these but in a pinch why not cut out the middleman? I just never thought of it, which grocery store?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Biggs grocery in Cincinnati.

I had of few of these I had scrounged from various places, and I really like them. Just poke holes and go. No cutting or taping necessary, and they're a nice size with plenty of headroom. They have other, larger sizes also. As I progress through my annuals I might go back for some of those. The 10 I bought cost a total of $2 and I imagine some will survive until next year.

Karen

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Nifty idea, Karen! There's a store in town that sells party things; I think I'll stop in there later.

~* Robin

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I actually checked out a food service/party store and they had similar things, but you had to buy the base and dome separately. Together they were $3 or $4 each. Mine were 20 cents at the grocery

Karen

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Karen, I'll stop at the bakery section at Price chopper.

Not out the door yet.

~* Robin

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Brilliant idea! I'm off to Bigg's!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.