New Babies

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

These hatched off on Saturday...

Larkie

Thumbnail by Larkie
Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Here they are with Mama..Only 6 this time.. Last 2 hens came off with 10 and 14... Nice to see a small family this time..

Larkie

Thumbnail by Larkie
Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

How cute. I love baby chickens.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

They look happy and healthy.

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Sweet babies! They change so quickly from those little fluffball wind-up toys into little birds. She's a good mama?

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

I just love watching & listening to the little peeps! so cute!
I've got so many chickens right now, I haven't let them keep
the eggs so its been a while since I've had a batch of my
own. Thanks for sharing!
Tam

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Cutie... it made me want more chickens!!! LOL.. I have to wait next spring!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

lovely chicks Larkie, thanks for the pretty pics! what breed is the mama?

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

The mama was a small chicken, maybe a bantam, and the daddy was just like the rooster in my other picture..All mixed up, lol..

Larkie

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I am sure that box is recycled and not new right??? LOL The postal police will be hot on your tail. LOL

You guys are killing me with all these cute chick pics! I decided to do the coop first, rather than having homeless, or rather homebound chicks staring at me, waiting for a coop. I want some chicks too!!

They are cute Larkie!

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Smart choice, badseed. We're working hard on our coop to have it ready for the older crowd... the new babies will go in the tractor. Yipes! Time's a wastin...

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL!
Recycled more than once..
For sure get a coop first..It is always needed for babies or a sick chicken or any kind of baby that needs a safe haven for a bit.. Mine has housed many kinds of sick and/or injured animals...For the chicks, make sure the wire is small enough to be snake proof and that the bottom has cardboard or removable plywood for when they are very young..Many predators will pull the baby chicks legs right thru..Spoken from experience..Good luck.. Chickens are great..

Larkie

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I do have a coop. You'll have to see the city chick post. LOL I just don't have the time right now to devote to cleaning it up and fencing it in. I'm hoping things will slow down next month. HA!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Cute little family, Larkie. Michelle, you haven't been on the farm long enough to know that things never slow down much, there is always a project or 2 that has to be done yesterday. Jumping from one pending emergency situation to another is a way of life on a farm.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.