Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Poultry and Livestock: Which I had a picture of this

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 4, Views: 3
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2006
2:34 PM

Post #2111874

This morning I was late getting out to release the birds from their house. While I was running the pan of fresh water from the hydrant I looked over and one of the black banty hens had stuck her head out from under the door and was looking at me. I did'nt realize that without shutting the inside door there was that gap there between the sill and the outer door.
Zeppy
Shenandoah Valley, VA
(Zone 6b)

March 14, 2006
4:05 PM

Post #2112081

Wish you had a picture of it, too! That's a hoot.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2006
3:29 AM

Post #2113593

Oh that is too funny!
Virginian
Falls Mills, VA

March 17, 2006
11:32 PM

Post #2119666

Here is something funny I saw once...wish I could have gotten a picture of it: when I had about two dozen little chicks once...I had them in a brood box with a heat lamp in one end to keep them warm. One particularly cold morning I walked out to the coop to check on them before I left for work...there they all sat in a circle around the heat lamp...all their heads were facing 'out' away from the heat...all their little behinds were backed up to the light bulb...when I opened the door they all looked around towards me, but NONE were about to move from the heat source! I couldn't have arranged them in a better circle even if I had tried! Wish I could have gotten a picture of that!
Virginian
MaryE
Baker City, OR
(Zone 5b)

March 18, 2006
12:59 PM

Post #2120644

Eavmae, maybe she will do it again. I know, carrying a camera around gets in the way but sometimes it is worth it. Vriginian, your chicks in a circle warming their buns is cute to emagine. (never thought of chicks having buns until I typed that)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America