Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Peonies: looking for peony can trade perennial plants

Communities > Forums > Peonies
bookmark
Forum: PeoniesReplies: 5, Views: 292
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jeaninpgh
Pittsburgh, PA

March 15, 2006
11:39 PM

Post #2115286

hi I am new to this site & this is my first post here,I am looking for a large trade of peony(preferably doubles or anemone) to fill in a large area in the back of my property-i thought that someone may be digging a patch to make room or something & thought id ask-i have thousands of perennial plants of all types(my list here is woefully incomplete,as i didnt have time yet to fill in all those boxes ) so if u have peony & want to trade for other perennials lmk...thanks jean-I would like to do a flat rate box trade for peony w more that two eyes...will take tree peony also if anyone is generous enough to have extra..do they start from cuttings like other trees...?
bluektodd
Hillsdale, MI
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2006
2:41 AM

Post #2115700

I have tons of peonies but they usually only like to be planted in the fall. I have many Dark pink, light pink, and white. Also be aware peonies like to pout and it usually takes 2-3 years to get them to flower after being disturbed. I'm in zone 5 here so couldn't even dig for at least a month or two. Most I have would be 5 eyes or better.
Kim
jeaninpgh
Pittsburgh, PA

March 18, 2006
6:02 AM

Post #2120390

Id gladly trade for some kim-if u dig lmk as i get peony to bloom right away here,no matter when i plant-spring or fall-even single eyed get a bloom-they must like it here,when u do want to trade some email me at night-stalker@comcast.net & Id trade a box of great perennials for a box of nice peony tubers..& thanks alot for the response-i just figured out how to find them as on gw they go to my mailbox in my emails...thanks again..& look on gw for me under the same name..i have an old list there too,& have aquired even more stuff since...jean
farmerpickle
Alpharetta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2007
8:15 AM

Post #3256510

Jean I still have not received anything from the trade we have since Nov. 06. Please contact me as soon as possible.
paeoniarockii
Lanzhou
China

October 3, 2012
11:52 PM

Post #9295391

I have all kinds of peonies in my nursery. I will send email to you.
ah3815
Kansas City, MO

October 7, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9298815

You need to watch the date of the postings before you do any messaging especially selling. The date of the original post was 6 years ago in 2006

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Peonies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fen Dan Bai Tree Peony RDT 10 Oct 4, 2012 12:02 AM
Dividing Peonies garyt 61 Nov 24, 2010 2:32 PM
Peonies and sun or lack of same butterflywi 18 Feb 15, 2011 5:21 AM
Dried out "cover" on peony buds DonnaMack 28 Jun 8, 2007 12:50 PM
Clematis and Peonies today boojum 11 May 19, 2007 12:58 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America