Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Quilt Block Exchange cont.....

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

Here is the new thread for people who were on dial up. That way we can start posting pictures here without it taking forever to load.

So I started redistributing the blocks tonight and it looks like I will have to make 4 more so that a few of you do not get exact copies of a block. No big deal, I will just whip up a simple block real quick tomorrow.

They will be in the mail tomorrow or Saturday. Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment to find out the sex of our baby and maybe lunch with some friends. If we don't do lunch it should get done.

Nite, Michelle

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Congrats. I didn't know about the expected baby. :~)))

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Me either. Congrats, Michelle!!

Coast range of, OR(Zone 8b)

Keep us posted on the baby!

Congratulations!

(Zone 9a)

What wonderful news. So happy for you.

Keene, NH(Zone 5a)

ahh- news that brings a smile!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

If it's a girl, she can have a sweet little butterfly quilt. If it's a boy....I guess that would mean we'd have to do another block exchange. ^_~

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

Well I already have a girl, but I have a gut feeling that it will be another girl!

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay ladies I am all done! I do apologive in advance, a couple of the ones I made today were just a hair short, but I got to the point where I was pulling the hair out of my head and thought it best to just quit while I was still sane.

I hope everyone likes the blocks they receive. I tried to do my best to keep with a color scheme that your block was but about half way through that plan went out the window. They will be in the mail tomorrow so you should receive it at least by Wednesday.

Here is the batch I kept, minus my own

Thumbnail by Luluguid
Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

and...

I did take a picture of everyones batch just in case there is someone who does not have a camera

Thumbnail by Luluguid
Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

Here is Shawna's moms batch

Thumbnail by Luluguid
Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

and...

Thumbnail by Luluguid
Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

Shawna's batch

Thumbnail by Luluguid

Wow, they're all so pretty! I'm excited to be getting them!

Hmmmm...I am wondering.....was your gut feeling right about the baby? :-)

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

and..

Thumbnail by Luluguid
Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

no, it is a boy!

Great! Now you will have one of each! Congratulations!

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank you

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Congratulations!!! When is the big day?

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

August 30th

(Zone 9a)

What a wonderful time for your family. Is your little girl excited about a new baby brother?

The blocks are extraordinary; I am so excited about seeing them in person. Mine were so pitiful but by being surrounded by such amazing work maybe you won't notice the the lack of skill. I am going to study each and every one of them before I offer my work for something like this again. LOL

Well, don't study mine too closely, ardesia!! LOL

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Nor mine! I'm definitely not a point matcher. I never would have survived the days of girls doing samplers and embroidering all their wedding linens. I'd have been an old maid in scraggly stitches forever. ^_^

Mesilla Park, NM

they look great. Congratulations on the baby...

Just wanted to tell you that I may not let you know when mine get here as I will be out of town for a couple of weeks. DH will be waiting for the package and saving it for me..

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Antoinette

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the pictures, I forgot about the quilt when you told us about the baby. LOL

I plan to make a lap robe out of the squares. It should be cute. Can't wait to see the squares in person.

Thanks for all of your work getting this done.

Betty

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

No problem. I mailed them out this morning and didn't notice until I was done paying that the mailman had sent them all first class. So for all of you that sent postage, I will be mailing back some change.

My little girl is too young to even know what is going on. She turned one on St. Patricks day. But I am sure she will notice when the little man is finally here!

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

My first two were about the same time apart as yours will be. DH and I were young and grew up with our children. My son was almost 40 when his second child was born. I couldn't do it at his age. LOL

Betty

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

No refund for postage needed (if I sent postage. I think I did).

Thanks,
Sheila

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

I think that I sent an envie. with postage on it.

Betty

Mesilla Park, NM

no postage due to me either.. just let me know if I owe you some.

Thanks for hosting this and I hope there are other block exchanges in the future. Kind of like the BLock of the mOnth thing..

But do not know how that would work.

Thanks again.
A.

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

i wouldn't mind doing this again but it will definitely have to be after my mom because i plan on packing all my craft stuff up soon

No postage due back to me either. :-) Thank you so much for doing this!

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

thank you guys for be generous

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Don't return any $$ to me either...more than fair compensation for coordinating!

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

Happy birthday picabo

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thank you, Doing my favorite thing today, working in the yard.

Betty

Happy Birthday, picabo!!! Hope you have a great time working in the yard today! :-)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Happy birthday and have fun! I hope it's not a crushingly hot there as it is here. ^_^

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thank You! I am having a great day.

Ampy... I wish I had a little of your heat I have been moving plants in all day. We are supposed to get a freeze tonight.

Betty

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Ohhhh...I'll be grateful then. I'm relieved that I'm done with the inside/outside haul for the season. I know my fiance got really tired of lugging dripping, heavy pots in and out and over the carpet and onto the kitchen counter....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.