Horsey talk

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Just a thread for random converstations!

MaryE (con't from the feed thread)-here's Daylin on Jorge the other day. He had his shots the day before so he was a little droopy and looking very WP! I need to go get Daylin some proper attire. We finally think she has enough drive and focus to be able to show (she's been begging for a year).

This message was edited Apr 1, 2006 11:51 AM

Thumbnail by Jenks

oops, good one, adjusting the reins! Here's another:

Thumbnail by Jenks

Leaning a bit! But starting to get it!

Thumbnail by Jenks
Taylors, SC

Ahhhh, to have a little one actually beg to ride and show....a joy I'lll never know since mine didn't get the horse gene. She is too cute! I wish I had been able to start riding at that age. Oh well. I think I appreciate them more since I had to wait until I was an adult.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Just checking in and saying HI. This momma stuff seems to be taking all of my time.

Katy is doing fantastic. I had her hocks xrayed on friday and they should be read on monday. Bonnie said they were looking better but not out of the woods yet. We'll see what the results are and weigh all options then.

She loves her mini paddock area spends most of her day sleeping. Yest i was able to actually lay my head on her belly while she was down. She didnt flinch : ) not even when i poked her in the eye getting up, lol. I'm sure it was a site to see

She's starting to pick up leading and no longer resists the halter. She somewhat drops her nose in but not real consistant with that.

Fancy has turned in to quite the big sister/babysitter. She was kinda put out when we put the fence up to make the smaller paddock but i think she appreciates having her time to herself, well that is until katy hollers and then fanc will come tearing across the pasture hollering back, lol. Its too cute.

Whew, nuff ramblin for now ; ) who am i kidding, its almost 10:00 feeding time, lol

Jen-That's good about Katy! I hope they're 100% soon. Because of this I'm having the vet out Friday just to look Khaos over. He doesn't look as tall as Katy, but just in case. And I was figuring his weignt wrong! He's 313! Phew! And he's 49" to the wither.

Eliz-It's kind of like giving her what I wanted- and giving myself what I wlways wanted now (just to be around them). I think my son is getting the bug. He was asking to ride Jorge, or any horse that day....He says he doesn't want lessons though. I told him we can go home and ride Lacy....Not sure what he's really asking. He and Khaos are buddies. Of course we all are, but it's neat to see my non-horsey son enjoying the company of a horse.

Cyn this morning

Thumbnail by Jenks

Do you play?

Thumbnail by Jenks

hey lady....

Thumbnail by Jenks

what the heck is that thing you're pointing at me?

Thumbnail by Jenks
Monrovia, MD

Jenks- Cyn is a cutie also- Wow, what a face- I love it..... I am really enjoying this site- ...I am in the process of purchasing a yearling, so I will be asking alot of questions...just wanted to warn you, first hand....OH- another warning: next pay day- I am purchasing a good digital camera- this site has so many great pictures of horses and foals, looks like so much fun (maybe another new hobby)........and yes, I will get some pic's of Aurora as well, I have only promised them forever now- ( but, Cyn and her could pass as twins).

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Jenks, what nice pictures. It's so good to see small kids learning to ride. I didn't start riding until I was about 9 or 10. My seat was behind the saddle because my older sister was in the drivers seat making all the decisions. I just held on. Later we got another horse, but my sister took the saddle, so then I was bareback, and still later I got a saddle. Then when I started endruance riding I changed my style again, so basically, it's a mess! The lack of proper lessons is still with me although I have ridden a lot over the years and usually manage to stay on the horse and have fun. I watch those around me on the endurance rides and can tell who had lessons in many cases.

Cyn is growing fast, looking good. Tell me again what the whole name is, please.

I don't know really for sure what his name is going to be....It was going to be Cynister Cyte-because he is such a booger.....These are a few other's in the running, and also still wracking my brain for any others.....Cyn is sticking, even my husband who still occasionally calls Khaos Bob is calling him Cyn. But he likes the Cynister Cyte best.....I'm still not quite sure.....I like a lot of the names.....

Xcyted, Excyted or X-Cyted
In Cyte
Cyrius Cyte
Cynsational Cyte
Line of Cyte

Someone said "Web Cyte"! LOL no thanks!

I can't believe we have an equine forum now. We must've gotten on someone's nerves! LOL

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

LOL at youre dh calling him bob..too cute ; )

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Jenks and Jen, I have always loved looking at horses. When I was just a kid I used to play "cowgirl" with my friend Lynn and we'd "ride" the fence and pretend.

So please keep this wonderful new forum filled with pictures of your horses, and I know there are others out there too. Just can't remember who.

Thank you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images