Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Poultry and Livestock: guinias

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 3, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
imbetty
Fossil, OR

April 6, 2006
4:55 PM

Post #2168694

Anyone familiar with guinias? I am in Oregon--central part---and need to find a guinia rooster for a friend's hen.
Thanks for any info provided.
betty
TamaraFaye
Fritch, TX
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2006
3:40 AM

Post #2170302

hi betty. i HAD guineas till the neighbors dog came over for dinner ;-(

relocating adult guineas can be a challenge. so can finding some. i recommend an ad in the local paper in the birds/livestock section.

also, you can ask here at the guinea fowl message board. just don't offer to pay for it, and maybe there will be someone there local. also, at the top is a link to a breeder's list, which includes home breeders with small flocks, so maybe you can find one of those near you.

www.guineafowl.com/board

this morning i pulled a tick out of my hair. i got it while watering the garden, a nice red one! the only reason i noticed him was he started to dig in!!! i am still searching for a replacement flock. don't ask me how he got there, unless fromt he wind blowing so hard!

for more info about raising guineas, i have two threads i started in this forum, further down. and a few people here also have had them at some time.

i would go into more detail [assk anyone, i can talk about guineas ALL NIGHT LONG!] , but really need to get off the pc!

tamara
PeggieK
Claremore, OK
(Zone 6a)

April 7, 2006
4:05 AM

Post #2170364

Yep, if you're finding ticks, you need more guineas.
TamaraFaye
Fritch, TX
(Zone 6b)

April 8, 2006
6:10 PM

Post #2174165

problem is i have NONE. and until these baby chicks are out to the yard, i don't have a place for keets, yet. and i don't know how old they are before they start eating ticks. the neighbors guineas used to come over here, but not since the bloodshed, go figure! i am searching around for a flock of adult guineas that need relocated, wish me luck! meanwhile, i found a source for food grade DE to spread around the base of the apricot tree, where i think the tick came from...

tf

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America