Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Brugmansias: My Head is Spinning!

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 9, Views: 129
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

July 14, 2001
3:09 PM

Post #94386

KHT - you do know that most people carry pictures of their real children ~don't you?
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

July 14, 2001
4:27 PM

Post #94414

Karma, i have only seen brugs at one nursery here and they wanted 18.00 for a 2-3 gallon plant that looked terrible. i know the manager of the ritzy place where i have seen a couple of these, talked to her at a ball game a couple of weeks ago. she didn't recognize these plants by brugs or angel trumpets. and she isn't new, worked at the growing nursery for 10 plus years and has been manager of this shop for a couple! if i had the organizational skills i would be filling up pots for sale now!
btw,if they are buying plants for a 100.00 i have a couple i can dig up!
arlene
Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 14, 2001
6:55 PM

Post #94450

You wouldn't last long in business. You would give away the place. Then there would be Uncle Sam wanting to know why you purchased Brugs at $100 and gave them away. Would be hard too explaine. Then they would send you off to prison for tax evasion and put you in charge of THE BRUG FARM. Maybe it would be worth while after all. LOL Jim
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 15, 2001
5:10 AM

Post #94592

Karma-most I paid for a Brugmansia was for the Culebra-250 Dollars. Now of course the Culebra is much less expensive and all over the USA. Time flies too fast.
Nan
SW, WI
(Zone 4b)

July 16, 2001
5:16 PM

Post #95200

I think you love brugs and growing them...sooooo...you should go ahead with your own business, it sounds like you'd like to! Who on earth wouldn't want to do what they love to satisfy the old ' 9 to 5 ' obligation??!! You could start out small... If you've got the idea in the back of you mind, and think you may one day go ahead with it, then you just can't give the future 'competition' your expertise now!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America