Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Brugmansias: Double pink Brugmansia

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 3, Views: 185
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 15, 2001
5:17 AM

Post #8500

I confess, I was not wearing my glasses and it was late at night, but someone here sent me a very faint pink and yellow double Candida or versicolor hybrid via e-mail. Is this one of your hybrids? Very nice by the way. All I have is the old Double orange and the very ancient Double white Candida species. Is this one being saved for hybridizing or...?
Ahh, as a side note I have a few seed pods on this years hybrids I liked of mine setting seeds already. Or in other words, I set seed on 3 of my hybrids I planted from seed I hybridized last fast.
arlene
Newberry, FL
(Zone 8B)

July 15, 2001
12:33 PM

Post #94658

Hoping whoever will post the double pink on photos! Wet week here, hope you got your rain also. How did your hybrids thta were getting ready to flower turn out?
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 15, 2001
12:49 PM

Post #94663

Arlene,
My hybrids that flowered, well lets say I have set seeds on 3 of them already or that they have seed pods forming on them as I had some pollen available from another cultivar. Love the new seedpods. One is almost ripe if you can believe that. Very fast maturing seed pod. Most of the other seedpods on my other 2 hybrids are still very small, but odd shaped as they are composed of aurea x suaveolens x versicolor and then back to versicolor or aurea x suaveolens x versicolor or suaveolens x versicolor x suaveolens. This next cross needs to be brought back to a pure yellow aurea in my oppinion, but I'll have to wait until I see the flowers to see if I can get away without crossing it back too soon. Funny thing with hybrids, you hybridize with a goal in mind and then the flower forms and you go off in the direction each individual flower leads you.
SDoglover1512
Port Huron, MI
(Zone 5b)

July 15, 2001
3:11 PM

Post #94730

It just sounds so cool to do and i can imagine the fragrance in your neck of the woods
Sandy

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America