Photo by Melody

Home Decorating: Baby Nursery...seeking pictures...

Communities > Forums > Home Decorating
bookmark
Forum: Home DecoratingReplies: 67, Views: 542
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 19, 2006
7:09 PM

Post #2202915

Hi Everyone!

I need your help. I would like to see ideas of the way you did your nurseries if you were really happy with how they turned out. Perhaps you have tips on what you wish you hadn't done? Or a FAVORITE book on nursery decorating you can recommend?

I am due for my first about Oct/Nov. I have a 13x13' room with 1 window and a paneled French door closet. Other than these 2 features the room is stark and ready for spark. =) I won't find out what the sex is because I am paying cash for my pregnancy and since it's not too important for me to know the sex I'm not going to opt for the ultrasound. I'd like to use that money on more baby things. I am thinking of doing the nursery in mauve and country blue but am not limited to these ideas. I thought I would love yellow checkered squares (1 foot x 1 foot) on the lower half of the room but the walls are lightly textured so I worry about how nice the lines could look. I may install a chair rail to do 2 different ideas in the room. My DH suggested I do a garden theme and paint flowers and picket fencing etc since I am okay at painting. But I am not sure I want to invest this kind of time in the nursery.

I plan to keep the linens simple and just get frilly white bedding as it can be bleached clean. The furniture may be a dark cherry or white wash I am not decided yet. The trim in the house is already white.

Any help you can give on suggestions I'd appreciate!!!

Thanks!

This message was edited Jun 1, 2006 2:25 PM
renwings
Sultan, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 19, 2006
11:50 PM

Post #2203546

Personally, I wouldn't do yellow. I'd stick with cool relaxing colors. Newborns are especially sensitive to stimulation from colors and patterns. So keep it simple and subdued for a comfortable nursery. You can add more vibrant details as they get older! Just a thought as well, newborns are also very sensitive to smells. That's how he/she will know you! So make sure that any painting is done well ahead of your due date to make sure the room has a chance to air out really well. When I want ideas for a room, I start looking through catalogs. They want their furniture to look GREAT! So they put it in the best looking rooms. Pottery Barn just put out their children's catalog and I'm sure you can request one on the internet. Some very cute stuff in there.

I think cream beadboard around the lower part of the room a nice soft, natural green on the walls would be very nice. You can add pink, yellow, blue, purple accents too without worrying about clashing. Or if beadboard is too expensive, you could do cream stripes or stencils . . .
I do like the idea of white bedding. It is so much simpler! I love the way cotton eyelette looks. Very pretty and not too frilly for a little boy. Don't worry too much about the wood. Wood blends very well and is very forgiving.

A garden theme would be very cute, but remember that this room has to grow with your child, male or female. Trust me, you aren't going to want to try and repaint a room in the future with a two year old running around (that is why my daughters has never been done!). so make it a theme that can last for a while. A 5 year old boy might get teased about having a picket fence and flowers on his wall! Keep it simple! It is easier to redecorate by hanging up different pictures on the wall than it is to repaint.

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 20, 2006
12:02 AM

Post #2203580

Renwings,

All very good tips. I had no idea yellow would be too loud! I was only thinking to do it on the bottom half anyways but I'll heed your ideas.

I won't need to worry about the child outgrowing the room. We plan to have 2-3 kids, God willing, and bought a house we can "grow" into. So each child would have their own room and be able to upgrade out of the nursery into a more mature theme with each one that is born.

Also had given no thought to the smell. I saw a commercial about odor free paint but I guess that would be pricey and since I can paint before they are born it should be okay to do so now.

Glad you liked the white bedding idea. I love eyelette too!

Checking out baby catalogs, now that's smart! Good thinking!
Solitare
Denver, CO

April 21, 2006
3:04 AM

Post #2207250

My daughter chose to go totally the opposite with her son. She absolutely wanted the stimulation of bright colors, and his room is done with white walls and bright primary colors. Most of the current research, (according to my kid the research queen) states that an infants vision is still developing and bright colors, especially red, are easiest for them to see, and focus on, pastels appear muddy and indistinct.

It seems to be working, since her son definitely was focusing intently and for longer periods of time than any of my kids did. He also reaches and grabs for things faster and with more accuracy.

She chose the Looney Tune babies for her theme. Figured Bugs, Tweety and crowd were pretty non gender specific, and would work for several years. It didn't hurt that they have an artist friend who was able to draw the favorite characters on the walls, and then paint them. I'm still not sure what an 18 month old toddler will think of a Tweety that is twice his size.
renwings
Sultan, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2006
11:45 PM

Post #2209448

He he! That's funny.

I agree, infants loves to be stimulated by colors and patterns. My daughter loved staring at the vertical blinds for the first month! But I prefer to reserve those stimulations for toys, playtime and bathtime. A bedroom should a be a place to relax (or perhaps more womblike) for sleep and private times like nursing and bum changes. Such a stimulating room can make it difficult to accomplish that, especially for babies who have a personality that is already high strung!

But every mother must do what she decides is best for her child and what works best for her methods.
DianeinFL
Wimauma, FL
(Zone 9b)

April 25, 2006
12:17 PM

Post #2219089

Babies cry more in yellow rooms... which I read in a book on color psychology AFTER painting my little girls' (both long grown) room bright yellow. LOL

Diane
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 25, 2006
7:10 PM

Post #2220142

Diane,

OH THANK YOU. Good tip!!! I won't use yellow. LOL.

This message was edited Jun 1, 2006 2:25 PM
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

April 25, 2006
8:54 PM

Post #2220400

Okay, mother of six chiming in here. I love to paint. Wallpaper is nice but when you are tired of it, what a bear to remove! So I paint and I paint often. We've done faux, I painted the walls white, made a stencil of a picket fence and sponged bright grass green over over the stencil so when it was pulled away it looked like grass behind it sunny skies above it and trees and flowers all through it. We've had ceilings that looked like clouds, pink and white striped rooms, 2/3 one color and 1/3 another. You name it, I've done it, short of putting wax or glitter on the walls.

You could always go with a classic like Pooh or something else unisex. There are large decal sets, wall borders, etc. If you love yellow, do a pale yellow room and decorate it in something that will go either way, for a boy or girl. Once you get that little cutie in your arms, get to know them, you'll suddenly have all sorts of ideas for their personality.

Do what you like. You know what YOU like. The baby isn't gonna give a hoot either way so long as their belly is full and their bum is dry and you are therewith the hugs.

CONGRATS!!!

Edited for spelling issues. lol

This message was edited Apr 25, 2006 5:00 PM
redhed4nu
Burchard, NE
(Zone 5b)

April 26, 2006
3:44 AM

Post #2221932

Wanted to let you know...if you do decide to paint, there is a way to get rid of the harsh smell of latex interior paint. Mix 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure Vanilla extract (the clear stuff) into each gallon of paint. It won't thin the paint out or change the color. I've done this for years, and it works! Best of luck!
renwings
Sultan, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 26, 2006
6:21 AM

Post #2222238

oooooo! That's a good idea!
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 26, 2006
5:10 PM

Post #2223527

redhead. you are genius!!!!
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

July 24, 2006
2:20 AM

Post #2540118

Here is a great site I found for inspiration with pictures!!!!

http://www.artisticalternatives.com/children_murals.htm
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

July 29, 2006
2:37 AM

Post #2561333

I've decided every time I see a paint chip of TORQUOISE I just adore it! And it's so unisex which makes it GREAT. Thing is I am considering a mural on 1 wall and want at least 1-2 complimentary colors to the majority of the torquoise.

Can you suggest a simple mural theme (I've had some art classes)?
Can you suggest complimentary colors with torquoise? I was thinking buttercream yellow...perhaps some lilac? Not sure.

I'm not wanting any theme that is to "cute" for just babies but something a kid up to 5 could enjoy, boy OR girl. Just plant the ideas on me...=) Thanks!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 29, 2006
2:52 AM

Post #2561377

Turquoise makes me think tropical... Palm trees against a turquoise lagoon, tropical coral reefs with bright fish swimming through turquoise water...

Turquoise could also be used with a southwestern theme, with rusty-orange and sandstone-cream and lapis-blue... think of the southwestern jewelry colors, or the mural on the wall of your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant.

Get out your big crayon box (what? you don't have one?? you're having a baby... you'll need one eventually... go for the biggest box you can find, at least 64 colors!)... anyway, just color a patch of turquoise on a piece of paper (*not* on the wall, what are you, 3??) and then hunt around for other colors that you think look good with it... I think that's a good way to come up with combinations that won't necessarily jump out at you when you're holding up paint chips against one another at Home Depot.

(sorry for the parenthetical commentary... in a silly mood tonight!)
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

July 29, 2006
3:05 AM

Post #2561490

hehe, I appreciate your humor! Good idea with the crayon box as well.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 14, 2006
12:45 AM

Post #2619209

I've narrowed down my ideas by the bedding I chose, it's unisex with pale green and blue with yellow ducklings and a white mama duck. I have 1 wall in my nursery I want to paint a design to match with ducklings and possibly a pond but have spent hours searching the internet for a good design to mimic. I am not a great artist but I've some experience with it and am looking for something that I can project on the wall and then paint...like paint by number kinda thing. If you can help please post a link. Thanks!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 14, 2006
4:20 AM

Post #2620033

Coloring books are great for designs and ideas... also, you can project an image from a favorite book... what's that one about ducklings in Boston? _Make Way For Ducklings_? I did a quick search, found this list of children's books about ducks, http://www.tonibuzzeo.com/booksdawdleducklingbooks.html

Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 14, 2006
11:15 AM

Post #2620436

Here's a design you might try, changing the color of the Mama duck. It's painted on a wooden valance but would work on a wall too.

Dea

http://preppycafe.com/wp-content/media/room1.jpg

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 14, 2006
6:48 PM

Post #2621823

Critter and Dea:

Thanks so much for taking the time to research some for me! I love the valance image. And the coloring book idea sounds superb!
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 16, 2006
2:41 AM

Post #2626773

I did many searches last night for mural ideas. I unfortunately did not save bookmarks on the sites I liked best. What I am looking for is a realistic but simple tree, one that extends onto the ceiling slightly. DH cleaned out the computer so it no longer has my past searches on it either.

If you know of a site that has a tree like this would you please post the link here. I've tried for an hour this evening to find the site I was at, finding many of the same ones I looked at but none so far with any trees painted in the corners of walls.

Thanks for anyone who can help me!
ecobioangie
Mableton, GA
(Zone 7b)

August 16, 2006
5:26 PM

Post #2628881

Tir_Na_Nog, time is drawing near, are you finished? Pics?
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 16, 2006
8:57 PM

Post #2629428

Here is a simple tree from a Shaker collection which could be easily used as a mural. I have seen people use this tree and put photos of family and friends in the "fruit". The saying underneath the original painting says:

"You could not make either a kernel of grain or a spear of grass grow...without the blessing of God."

Dea

Thumbnail by Dea
Click the image for an enlarged view.

CricketCreek
Pittsburgh, PA
(Zone 5b)

August 17, 2006
4:12 AM

Post #2630653

Here's our princesses room - I picked out the bedding as soon as I knew we were having a girl!

Thumbnail by CricketCreek

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

August 17, 2006
10:46 PM

Post #2632909

Eco: end of October, thanks for asking!

I should be able to post pics about then, DH expecting a bonus and we'll buy a digital cam with it and THEN I can finally join the crowd at Dave's who has pics online!

Dea: LOVE the quote! But going with a more realistic mural. Can't believe I could NOT find the beautiful tree online again. It was simpler than most, not a ton of leaves, each individual, just enough to be pretty. And one of the few pics where the tree mural extended to the ceiling to. I'd like to do that.
anastatia
Vancouver, WA
(Zone 8a)

August 21, 2006
4:36 AM

Post #2643296

Dea, is that your artwork or something you have/had?
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 21, 2006
9:50 AM

Post #2643550

Not mine. You can see quite a bit of it at http://www.shakerworkshop.com and within the site itself has tons of Shaker info.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 12, 2006
2:39 AM

Post #2714386

Let's see...Tree murals...

http://www.paintapictureforme.com/files/treedetail1.jpg - a willow
http://www.mural-design.com/web2002/pics/tree1.jpg -- Pooh tree
http://www.mural-design.com/web2002/pics/tree2.jpg - Pooh tree closeup
http://www.monkeyshine-arts.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/tree.jpg.w180h240.jpg
http://www.hedgefamily.net/Tyler/pregnancy/MuralFall.jpg -- Fall tree
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=2715829 -- Wow!! (now on DG)
http://spike-washburn.vpscenter.com/blog/images/house040910/DSC_0003.jpg -- willow-like

These transfers have all kinds of designs:
http://www.houseoftatouage.com/
http://www.houseoftatouage.com/inc/iview/565?idx=15&p=1589 -- A tree

Lots of trees there: http://www.houseoftatouage.com/trees

Hope those help! :)

This message was edited Sep 11, 2006 10:41 PM

This message was edited Sep 12, 2006 3:02 PM
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 12, 2006
11:11 AM

Post #2714981

Gardenwife: Thank you for all those! I will check them today after work.

I have started my mural and it's gone from something simple to me wanting to add as many small details as I can. I have a digital camera now so once I finish I will post pictures. =)
ecobioangie
Mableton, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2006
2:49 PM

Post #2715472

gw, your 'wow' isn't wowing me. lol Something's wrong.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 12, 2006
4:26 PM

Post #2715829

The rest of the pictures have great decorating ideas, anyway, so maybe it's good I ended up posting this link! The shot is from http://30angelica.tripod.com/30_angelica_drive/

Thumbnail by gardenwife

ecobioangie
Mableton, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2006
5:04 PM

Post #2715969

That is definitely a Wow! Glad to see it. :)
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 12, 2006
10:30 PM

Post #2716852

Gardenwife:

HOLY WOW!!!! That tree is AWESOME! It is similar to the style I was wanting to do...something realistic! And SO detailed to! Just awesome. Unfortunately I've already painting a trunk, using my own imagination (sorely lacking I'm afraid) and it doesn't hold a candle to that tree! I might have to revise a bit...once I finish the grass. I am doing 1 wall 1/3rd up with individual grass strokes so I'll be on that awhile.

I should have pics to post end of next month. *Crossing fingers*
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 16, 2006
4:23 PM

Post #2729378

Oh -- thanks, Kimberly! There are some fabulous ideas there! I love the idea of doing a willow tree, and I think it would be pretty easy to do those leaves with either a big artist's brush or a stamp... I also like the way the "corner" trees have the trunk on just one wall, close to the corner... I'd been thinking in terms of putting the trunk right up the corner, but I think this might work better!

The Pooh Tree is gorgeous and tempting to try, but I don't think I'd stand a chance of getting the shading to look right... I'm better off combining colors and textures until I get something that looks gnarled and "barky."

I have to say, those transfers are tempting... LOL!
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 16, 2006
7:31 PM

Post #2729886

The transfers are neat - I've seen them at my friend's church.

I think if I were to tackle a mural, I'd have to borrow an opaque projector and project the image on the wall for me to trace. I can draw in small scale, but something on the scope of a whole wall is just way too big for me to get right.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 16, 2006
7:50 PM

Post #2729932

You can always put a transparent graph sheet over a picture, then trace out the squares on the wall and redraw the images on the paper...just going by what's in each smaller square.

I thought of doing mine that way but ended up just freehanding it on the wall. Not happy with my tree after seeing the picture you posted! So going to touch up and re-do. Very important I can see from picture to do that bark effect.

gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 16, 2006
9:20 PM

Post #2730163

I used that grid method for a detailed scratchboard I did in high school. Doing it on a large scale just seems to daunting, still. I'd rather draw something in a scale I'm comfortable with (lots of detail) and then project it.

I can't wait to see your trees!
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 16, 2006
9:49 PM

Post #2730240

There are some darn good ideas here. Let me add a fairly 'simple to do' one for someone who is comfortable with paint.
http://www.andysfantasyfinishes.com/images/gallery/skyscape_silhouette.jpg
I did this a few years ago for a 5 year old but the idea can be used for any age.
The top half is a Skyscape. Easy with a blue background and some white, gray and glazing for the clouds.
Use a wallpaper border to delineate the top from bottom.
The lower half is mostly sponging with a twist. You can cut out a few simple patterns on thin cardboard (cereal box type) and thin foam (carpet pad type). In this case the little girl and her mom drew basic flowers they found in a coloring book and I did he cutting. 3 or 4 shapes is fine.
On a freshly painted background first brush some paint on the foam cut outs and press on the wall in random spots. Then have the cardboard cut outs taped to a rod (a piece of straightened metal coat hanger works). A sea sponge works best. Sponge around the wall avoiding the foam imprints and occasionally place a cardboard cut out in place and sponge over it. This will leave a silhouette. Vary the cut outs as you go.
Any simple shape works for the cut outs.
If you want more detailed info, ask.
Andy P
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 17, 2006
12:18 AM

Post #2730663

Andy,

Thanks for the tips!

You know I have actually seen at Home Depot (now that I did my clouds...sigh) there is a CLOUD PAINTING KIT! Yep! I just sponged mine on and used white with some varying shades of gray and it looks okay so far.

Does anyone have any ideas yet on how to make the mural wall semi-gloss or glossy? I am using mostly matte craft paints. Saw a small bottle of high gloss but like I said...small. I have seen the spray cans of clear stuff but don't want to get the stuff on the whole room. Any ideas you can toss me will be appreciated!

Keep the other ideas coming to...all very helpful!
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2006
12:32 AM

Post #2730705

Minnwax has a latex Poly called Polycrylic that you can use.
It 'sets-up SUPER FAST so roll it on once and don't try to re-roll it to smooth it out. Danger.
The safest way to use it is to mix it 50 - 50 with latex Glazing. The glazing is kinda flat so use the Gloss Polycrylic, that will give it the shine.
Check that your Craft paint doesn't dissolve or streak first. I had that happen with some of the less expensive ones.
Andy P
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 17, 2006
12:37 AM

Post #2730718

Thanks Andy!

I did find some NICE craft paints (was news to me after years of using them) that actually have the gloss in them!!!! But since I am using some old paints and some new I'm in a quandry aren't I? =) Thanks for posting the tip!
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2006
12:51 AM

Post #2730761

I did an elaborately flowered kitchen counter backsplash once. I used all kinds of craft paints, 2 colors smeared when I poly'ed it. I had a little 'repair' to do, lol.
I later checked every paint I had and found the culprits. They were the cheapest store brands.
Andy P
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 17, 2006
1:39 PM

Post #2732001

Store brands? The craft paints I've seen are available at several stores...so not sure if any store brand specific. Do you remember what they were? Is your backsplash something you could post here or are you an artist for hire who did it for someone else? Very interesting how we learn as we go. =)
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2006
1:56 PM

Post #2732044

Store brands, It might have been Anita's or some similar name. The ones Michaels sell, on sale for 3 or 4 for a dollar.
The backsplash mentioned above was not one of my 'best works', lol. It's not on my site but this one is. http://www.andysfantasyfinishes.com/images/gallery/rose.jpg A rose vine done in the One Stroke method. A double coat of Polycrylic was brushed on to protect it. Brushing the Polycrylic only works on small areas, it sets up too fast to brush large areas. You get an uneven finish.
Andy P
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

September 17, 2006
3:11 PM

Post #2732197

Oh okay...I've shopped Michaels. I don't have any Anita paints right now.

OH NICE JOB Andy!!! I have often wanted to sit down and practice the Donna Dewberry method...love her show...just been to lazy with working and being pregnant to practice! But I'm advancing on my mural.

I am painting grass all along the bottom of 1 wall. I am doing it "one stroke method" you could say! LOL. I know I'll take forever but I'm having fun and want it detailed to the 9. =)
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2006
9:12 PM

Post #2733049

Remember, on a mural to do the distant scenes first and the foreground last.
Keep at it and post pics when you can.
Andy P
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
12:32 AM

Post #2917409

Well...I went simplier and will not include a meadow of flowers...baby was born 2 weeks ago Saturday and already DH had a job offer that we cannot pass up...put house on the market yesterday. So baby will never get to enjoy her nursery but I am still content...I've learned what I liked and didn't and know better for my next house. I will re-do the nursery in the same colors and style. =) It was fun.

Thumbnail by Tir_Na_Nog

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
12:33 AM

Post #2917411

First starting the pond...

Thumbnail by Tir_Na_Nog

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
12:35 AM

Post #2917419

The pond...

Thumbnail by Tir_Na_Nog

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
12:36 AM

Post #2917420

Finished ducks...

Thumbnail by Tir_Na_Nog

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
12:37 AM

Post #2917427

Tree in corner...it's finished now with leaves..I'll have to take a photo of that part and then a full wall shot...maybe tomorrow.

Thumbnail by Tir_Na_Nog

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
12:38 AM

Post #2917433

I also took from the duck pond to the baseboards a bright grass green paint. As you can see around the pond I had fine blades of grass...yeah was doing those each individually and got discouraged with the last few months as I had gone and done that from the pond down to the baseboard...but had 8' more towards the tree to do...of individual blades of grass...it was INSANE. I did ONE grass color instead and am much more satisfied.
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

November 16, 2006
4:24 AM

Post #2918100

This is so impressive, Tir!! Can't wait to see the finished tree! ; D
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 16, 2006
4:35 AM

Post #2918127

Those ducks are darling! Great job. :)
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
3:15 PM

Post #2919100

Thank-you!!!! DH taking a finished as much as it's getting shot. LOL.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
3:20 PM

Post #2919110

Here is the tree...

Thumbnail by Tir_Na_Nog

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
3:21 PM

Post #2919113

DH painted the tree...did a great job!

Thumbnail by Tir_Na_Nog

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
3:22 PM

Post #2919117

Tree trunk...

Thumbnail by Tir_Na_Nog

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
3:23 PM

Post #2919119

Pond with grass underneath now...

Thumbnail by Tir_Na_Nog

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
3:24 PM

Post #2919120

Full wall shot...

Thumbnail by Tir_Na_Nog

Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
3:25 PM

Post #2919122

Coulda been better done...I'd put pond closer to bottom next time but didn't want it covered by potential toyboxesm etc...and then of course the flowers & more bugs...etc. A real garden. Next house!!!
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2006
10:02 PM

Post #2920151

Well done,TNG. That is great.
Perfect for a new baby.
You should be proud of yourself.
Andy P
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
10:07 PM

Post #2920166

Thanks Andy...I used your tip not to buy Anita's paints. =)

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 16, 2006
10:49 PM

Post #2920272

Hey Tir those are really cute murals you have done :)
I was planning on a mural in my twins room , with the characters from CHildrens books
Go DOg ,Go
Runny Babbit
If you give a mouse a cookie
If you give a pig a pancake
Dr. Seauss Green eggs and ham
but yes we are moving too, so i will have to wait.
YOur new homeowners will love it i m sure.
I hope the move goes smoothly for you and the new job :)
best
sue
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2006
11:04 PM

Post #2920316

Sue,

Thanks so much for the well wishes!
BriarRose74
Moon Twp, PA
(Zone 6a)

November 25, 2006
12:34 PM

Post #2942607

Looking great! :)
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

March 7, 2007
7:27 PM

Post #3258169

WOW...has anyone seen these?!?!

http://www.tatouagedesigns.com/?Click=330
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 13, 2007
10:50 PM

Post #3388670

A night sky mural, pretty neat!

http://www.nightskymurals.com/
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 29, 2007
9:40 PM

Post #3445542

Hard to go back and see my pics! I've since moved and will have to begin anew. But be MUCH easier this time as I want to do the same mural I did.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Decorating Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mexican theme, not for the faint of heart MollyMc 57 Jan 4, 2008 3:14 AM
Kitchen Makeover......There's no turning back now!! nminmd 163 Jul 31, 2007 1:21 AM
Removing Wallpaper GrannyLois 30 Aug 18, 2009 11:32 PM
Bedroom re-do Terry 42 Aug 16, 2014 11:12 PM
Re-do on the bedroom. What a difference! Badseed 45 Jan 23, 2009 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America