Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Carolina Gardening: Southern Plant and Flower Festival starts today!

Communities > Forums > Carolina Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Carolina GardeningReplies: 1, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
downscale_babe
surfside beach, SC
(Zone 8b)

April 20, 2006
10:11 AM

Post #2204702

Sorry that this is late but starting today thru Sunday,there will be the Southern Plant and Flower Festival the oldest and largest of the Dept.of Agriculture SC.The Festival will be held at the Pee Dee State Farmers Market 2513 W.Lucas St.in Florence SC.The number to call for info is 803-734-2200.
According to the SC Market Bulletin this festival has acres of plants,flowers,outdoor furniture and other gardening products and supplies.

I am going this morning with a gardening buddy who is visiting from the NC mountains.I will post after I return to let you know if it is worth the trip.It is about 1 and a half hours drive for me.

If you miss this one there is another one in the Greenville SC.State Farmers Market from May4--thru May 7th.
downscale_babe
surfside beach, SC
(Zone 8b)

April 26, 2006
10:11 AM

Post #2222367

By the way,the festival was worth the drive.There were mostly commercial growers but I met a woman with a one gal operation.She had very special small plants at great prices.She only sells at plant shows and is located West of Colombia.She is just the kind of grower I am looking for.

I also picked up plugs of some other plants not available locally.Even with the high price of gas,it was worth going.

Nancy

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Carolina Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helllo Snoutherner 16 Apr 13, 2007 8:22 PM
Beautiful day Rosykay 14 Mar 20, 2009 11:32 PM
Flame azalea spartacusaby 20 Jun 21, 2007 4:17 AM
What is it? CarolinaTracer 6 May 5, 2007 1:05 PM
Hardiness success stories Tropicanna 102 Oct 16, 2007 7:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America