Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Peppers: Peppers resource thread - opinions & suggestions, please

Communities > Forums > Peppers
bookmark
Forum: PeppersReplies: 13, Views: 293
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2006
12:37 PM

Post #2229375

After testing this idea in the Tomatoes forum, I put together this thread: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/596477/ which is "stickied" at the top of the Peppers forum.

Here's what we'd like to know:

1) Is it helpful (i.e., did you learn about a resource you didn't know existed, or how to better use one of the resources it described?)

2) How could it be more helpful?

3) Would you prefer to see this type of thread remain as a "sticky" thread, or linked to a separate page within the description at the top of the forum? (Were you aware of the text at the top of this or other forums? It's a fair question - don't be afraid to say you never read them ;o)

4) Other feedback for us?

5) Other threads that should be included in the "Members Favorite Threads" section - please post them here or send them to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page of the site.
dmj1218
west Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2006
8:25 PM

Post #2230731

Thank you for listening to my request! Yes leave it as a sticky--I'm constantly looking up varieties and this is very nice.
:) Debbie
HERBIE43
Rutland , MA
(Zone 5b)

May 1, 2006
7:07 AM

Post #2237546

yes, leave it. this is a great thread. thanks
PrissyJo
Roswell, NM
(Zone 6a)

May 10, 2006
12:20 AM

Post #2263913

Yes, leave it as a sticky. It's fantastic!!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 24, 2006
7:53 AM

Post #2540830

Great "sticky" -- Thanks!!

I recently added specific information on how I start peppers from seed to this seed starting thread in the propagation forum: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/589725/ I'd posted it in this forum previously, but it was buried in another thread. I hope this won't be seen as shameless self promotion LOL, but I thought it might be a useful link for the new sticky.
skidivur
Marysville, WA

July 24, 2006
8:39 AM

Post #2540850

CRITTEROLOGIST,
Yes, it is shameless self promotion, but we love you anyway, lol. And we VALUE your VAST wisdom!!

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

July 24, 2006
12:18 PM

Post #2541151

Chuckle - whether it's self-promotion or not, it looks like helpful information! I added it as a members' favorite link.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 24, 2006
3:02 PM

Post #2541601

Thanks! I get asked to find & Dmail that info every so often, so it's good to have it in the sticky.

I guess it would only be really shameless self-promotion if I were selling a book or peddling seedlings. :-)

I hope nobody is misled by the thread title to try transplanting pepper seedlings in clumps... LOL... "clump transplanting" is in the first part of the thread (for basils etc.), and I put it in the title so it had a better chance of being found if somebody were searching for the term. Terry, I know this is pretty trivial, but if you have a chance to make the change, to avoid confusion could you maybe just title the link "critterologist's seed starting tips" and leave out the clump transplanting? Thanks!

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

July 24, 2006
3:04 PM

Post #2541610

Done! And now I'm heading out to un-weed my peppers and other veggies. (Too hot to weed last week + rains over the weekend = lots of weed growth.) Sigh...
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2009
3:29 PM

Post #6224649

Heya, Terry! When you get a chance, would you please replace the thread link above with a link to today's article from me on starting peppers from seed? It's more organized than my previous post on the topic, and it has photos plus links to my other Seed Starting 101 articles. Thanks!

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2266/
ladybuggfan
Carnation, WA
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2009
5:57 PM

Post #6225285

I'm new to peppers. I heard about and then searched for Critter's seed starting thread through forum discussions, saved it to my favorites so I can refer back again as needed. As I'm just getting started with my co op seeds, I'm sure I'll refer to the resource thread more (I do on the tomato forum) as I gain knowledge and go looking for specific peppers and info.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 7, 2009
5:04 PM

Post #6377859

Sorry for the delay, but it's been replaced ;o)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2009
8:37 PM

Post #6378723

Thanks, Terry!

Ladybugg, I'm pretty sure the article I wrote contained all the pertinent info from my previous posts on that seed starting thread and more. Hope you're having good luck with your seedlings this year!
LostIndian
Algonac, MI

August 31, 2010
10:38 PM

Post #8073939

I just spent an hour on these threads and I am going back right after I send this reply.
It isn't just good... it's GREAT. Keep it up! I don't care which way you produce a/the thread, they are not too much of a problem for me to navigate.
THANKS!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Name This Sweet, Sweet Pepper Tplant 117 Apr 3, 2008 12:24 AM
pepper plants started HERBIE43 7 Oct 11, 2007 12:56 PM
Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers - What Do You Do With Them? Breezymeadow 21 Mar 20, 2008 2:58 AM
fish peppers up and growing HERBIE43 32 Jul 24, 2009 8:35 PM
PMMV Resistant Varieties? Ozark 12 Jun 26, 2011 1:16 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America