-
AuthorContent
nmax
Lima, OH
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2001
6:36 PM

Post #8581

I've never even seen a brug in real life, but you people have me really wanting one. Will any of you brug addicts have cuttings or seeds in the near future that you might be willing to part with for postage? Alternately, are there any reliable nurseries on the web that you could recommend for their brugs? Thanks for any info!
Brugmansia
FSH, TX

July 16, 2001
6:44 PM

Post #95239

nmax, best nursery I would send someone too would be http://www.hodnik.com and http://www.nativehabitat.com would be my second pick despite the fact that the one is overseas and the other is rather expensive. You pay for things like quality, speed of delivery, size of plant, etc. Speed of delivery is the most important thing to me. I don't care if the Brugmansia is 2 inches tall as long as its here instead of overthere. Brugmansia take a few weeks to a month to adjust once they are repotted or cutt so the quicker I get the hybrid I am after the better for me. Especially as I like to try to set seeds on my Brugmansia in hopes of getting that one special Brugmansia I can't live without. Just call me cheap as I would rather create a beautiful Brugmansia then have to buy it. Of course so far all I have done is bought and tried to create. Ahh, the pitfalls of being a Brugmansia lover.
nmax
Lima, OH
(Zone 5a)

July 19, 2001
1:30 PM

Post #96552

Brugmansia and K'ht',

Thanks for the info and the offer. I am trying to start some datura seeds now and am looking forward to having brugs also so that I can compare the two plants. I know what you mean about not wanting to wait for a plant that you want. Considering that plants are an inanimate object, they sure can create a lot of excitement and pleasure!
Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2001
1:39 PM

Post #96561

I'll throw one in also. I have some stems rooting now. It won't bloom this year but you can anticipate the joy for next year. I am making a big bed for my datura next year. I have already started breaking ground.Jim
nmax
Lima, OH
(Zone 5a)

July 19, 2001
3:07 PM

Post #96600

Thanks for the offers Jim and K'ht'. Just let me know when it will be ready to send so that I can send you my address and postage. I only have a few things that I could offer you. I will have some Bachelor Button seeds and some peony roots this fall if you would like them for a trade. Please let me know.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America