Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Inspiration from the MG Tour of Gardens!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I toured four gardens on the Master Gardener's Tour of Gardens on Sat and got lots of neat ideas, as usual. Some of these people are so good with design, and I see the most unusual artistic creations.

At one garden we toured, we found this unique tree swing made using an old worn out tire. They cut and sculpted the tire and turned it inside-out to make this pony swing:

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Here's another view:

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

We also discovered a great way to hide that ugly storm cellar that is a must here in Tornado Alley. Buid a gazebo over it and plant gardens around it. With this one, there is a barely noticeable door leading to the storm cellar on one side of this gazebo. The beautiful gardens and gazebo strategically draw your attention away from it.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Here's a view of the hidden door:

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Check out this vine post. A friend made me one a few years ago, but I'd love to have more.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I love this idea, edging your beds with scrap lumber. I will do this at my house.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Nice pictures! Just remember to put some termite-remover underneath the posts...

I really like that tire horse!

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Great pictures!

My Grandkids would love that horse, I have a tire that needs a new job. LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Such neat ideas Nancy,

I truly love that gazebo over the storm cellar.

DH wants to put in a storm cellar, I wonder if I could talk him into this LOL. I doubt it. but it's so wonderful an idea.

He mentioned putting the storm cellar right out in the front yard too, I had a fit when he said that. He said , where else can I put it. septic tank is in the back yard with lines running to the side yard. Front is the only place close to the house, and that gazebo would look wonderful in the front yard LOL. I can dream I guess. Man, If I had tons of money!!!!!

kathy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

That scrap lumber looks like landscaping timbers, and such hard work, can you imagine, one would have to be retired, stay at home all the time, and have such a wonderful husband that loves gardening as much as we women do!!!, Dang it, I'm still dreamin, I got to quit that right now!!!

I have a wonderful husband, but he AIN'T no gardener for sure.

I know Ain't ain't a word either. sometimes I can't help myself, that true southern drawl comin through

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.