Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Filigree or Filagree - whatever!

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Removed to avoid further criticism. If I knew how to remove the photo I would.

Sandy

This message was edited May 20, 2006 5:46 PM

This message was edited May 20, 2006 5:47 PM

Thumbnail by Seedsower
Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

This message was edited May 22, 2006 5:09 PM

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Sandy,
That's a lovely hosta.

Susan,
I just looked at the HL and every pic has a different pattern,,,doesn't say anything about it having a problem with HVX

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

This message was edited May 22, 2006 5:09 PM

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

It is a cool one.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

It STILL looks like an advanced case of HVX to me. I would be very careful and if it were mine, I think I would try to have a leaf tested. Maybe that's the down side of some of the mottled varieties - it can be awfully hard to tell.

Ann

Avon, NY(Zone 5b)

This is one of those I think people love or hate. It does nothing for me, but I have seen where others go crazy for it. I agree with Ann...to me it looks sickly. But If I remember right it has always tested neg for HVX.

Albrightsville, PA(Zone 4a)

Here it is mentioned on the HL - it's not virus, but sure has a different looked to it.
http://www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/HVXMyths.htm
Pam

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

No...no viruses. It turns a solid green once the spring coloring is done. Filagree is only available thru a couple vendors and has a hefty price of around $50. I'd be crazy to spend that much for a diseased plant!

Sandy

Dallas, TX

It kinda worries me too. but if you paid fifty dollars for it from a reputable vendor, I guess its ok. Sandy all of us are just so scared of this HVX thing, it just has all of us so worried.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Interesting - the fact sheet. but having hosts which do not have the virus but which look so much like ones that do is a bit scary. I guess it you buy that plant knowing it's not infected it's OK, but if you develop those symptoms in another variety, you should not just say "What an interesting sport".

Ann

Dallas, TX

Its probaly gonna go down in price too, that when I will get one. lol

Aurora, IL(Zone 5b)

I think it's a gorgeous plant. BUT, If I saw it at a nursery, I probably would have thought it had the dreaded HVX and wouldn't have bought it. I've become neurotic about every little flaw in the leaves no matter where I'm at.

Over the last couple days, I've been shopping at K-Mart and Home Depot for fertilizer, dirt and annuals. Of course, I have to look at all the hostas. Fortunately, there wasn't one at either place I didn't already have or would want. But, I will have to say, that I didn't see anything suspicious, although I wasn't buying any so didn't over analyze them either.

Kathy

Horsens, Denmark

pretty, pretty, pretty!!

Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

this reminds me of when someone looks up in the air at nothing and sure enough others will look up and then others, when their is nothing to see. have they had them tested for HVX? ugly is ugly!!!! hostajim1

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.