What is the REAL function of this item...

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I have had one for years and was just about to toss it when I decided to use the internet to see if I could find its use. This eBay link has a good picture but I don't think it's for cooking tortilas. Anyone got any ideas? The plastic handles prevent it from going in the oven and I'm a little afraid of heating it over a gas stove eye.

http://cgi.ebay.com/La-Cotta-Terra-Cotta-Tortilla-Cooker_W0QQitemZ4461679477QQcategoryZ20627QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Judy

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

the link does not open for me. can u post photo instead??? thx.

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Hello Judy,

Ebay item #4461679477

I could not find any worthwhile information other than a post on the
internet which reads the following:

"This is a very unusual piece of cookware. It is called Lacotta, made in Italy. Other markings are La Salute E Nella Cotta/Marchio Depositato. The markings are on both sides. This is made like an omelet maker or a mountain pie maker. The two handles, when pulled apart, show two separate identical sides. The oval part measures 8-1/2" x 6-1/2" and the handle is 6" long. Possibly, these make Italian items like calzones or something similar. "

Looks interesting, whatever it is. I love odd kitchen items!

Thumbnail by WUVIE
High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

since Italians love to bake their omelet/fritata, ceramic would be a good baking pan. ceramic are good conductor for heat in the oven. it is not use on top of the stove but inside the oven. hope that help.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images