Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Central Midwest Gardening: Purple leaves

Communities > Forums > Central Midwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Central Midwest GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cougas
Ballwin, MO

May 15, 2006
5:02 PM

Post #2282268

OK, this may sound a little loony, but has anyone had experience with Persian Shield turning other plants' leaves purple? It seems like the plants that are near my Persian Shield - namely two hydrangeas and two colombine - are getting purple leaves. Should I be worried? Weird. Is this normal or is it a fungus?
cherishlife
Pocola, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2006
11:36 AM

Post #2304955

I don't see how it would be something to worry about, but it is strange. I'll have to scoot my potted Persian Shield closer to some other plants and see if it happens for me. Interesting!
cougas
Ballwin, MO

May 22, 2006
1:57 PM

Post #2305319

I think it is a fungus on my hydrangeas. Maybe the Columbine too, and the Persian Shield is just a coincidence. Its strange, though because the plants seem to be very healthy otherwise. I think I'll try some fungicide for good measure. I just put that entire bed in and I don't want to lose my plants.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Central Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
You have to guess what this is - it's in my garden. LOL crystalnurse 181 Sep 22, 2010 10:54 AM
dahlias-How to store allysgram 18 Apr 18, 2007 4:39 PM
Stargazer Lily Bulbs Question cedarnest 19 Jul 3, 2007 8:42 PM
Let's go gardening! Terry 12 Jun 21, 2014 10:28 PM
Speaking of winter MaryinLa 5 Mar 3, 2007 2:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America