Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Carolina Gardening: Isn't This a Lovely Spring We are Having in Coastal SC?

Communities > Forums > Carolina Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Carolina GardeningReplies: 4, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Xeramtheum
Summerville, SC
(Zone 8a)

May 16, 2006
2:14 AM

Post #2283970

It occurred to me today that we are having a true Spring for the first time in a long time! The temperatures have been perfect. I have yet to turn on my air conditioner and even had to drag my electric blanket out of the closet a few times! My plants are loving it along with my pocketbook as far as the electric bill goes.

Since we had an unusually warm Winter, I vote we have an unusually cool summer! All in favor say AYE!!!

X
downscale_babe
surfside beach, SC
(Zone 8b)

May 16, 2006
8:24 AM

Post #2284672

I agree I agree.The temps are perfect!However...

THE BIKERS ARE HERE.They have taken over my town.I am getting away this morning.Fleeing to the mountains as I do every May.Won't be back till after memorial day.

Nancy
diggingit
Chapel Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 16, 2006
2:04 PM

Post #2285186

a resounding AYE!
i have been really enjoying this lovely, "true" spring. we've actually had a good amount of rainfall, too ... we had such a dry winter - i was worried about a repeat of last summer's drought. so far, so good!
aisgecko
Raleigh, NC

May 16, 2006
5:11 PM

Post #2285745

Yup, been loving it here! We've had so many great days to work in the yard and enjoy it. I can't remember such a nice spring in ages! And so far there's only been a couple of mosquitos, but I know they're a comin'. Just trying to get as much work done outside as I can before they and the heat drive me in. If it stayed like this year round I would be one happy camper! -Ais.
aisgecko
Raleigh, NC

May 16, 2006
5:11 PM

Post #2285746

Yup, been loving it here! We've had so many great days to work in the yard and enjoy it. I can't remember such a nice spring in ages! And so far there's only been a couple of mosquitos, but I know they're a comin'. Just trying to get as much work done outside as I can before they and the heat drive me in. If it stayed like this year round I would be one happy camper! -Ais.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Carolina Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helllo Snoutherner 16 Apr 13, 2007 8:22 PM
Beautiful day Rosykay 14 Mar 20, 2009 11:32 PM
Flame azalea spartacusaby 20 Jun 21, 2007 4:17 AM
What is it? CarolinaTracer 6 May 5, 2007 1:05 PM
Hardiness success stories Tropicanna 102 Oct 16, 2007 7:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America