-
AuthorContent
crystalspin
Santa Ana, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 16, 2006
3:15 AM

Post #2284332

This is something like crafts and something like decorating. A former fellow-classmate of my husband's (in medical school) and his wife-who-is-his-office-manager recently relocated their office to a building that was build in the early 1930's. The building is being restored, and they jumped on the boat: they decorated in the theme of Los Angeles-1930's. When they called to invite us to the openhouse, I thought, "Why not give them something classier (and longer lasting) than a bottle of wine?"

My next thought was, "What the heck is LA-'30's???" Well, thank heaven for the Internet! -- Los Angeles in the 1930's was ArtDeco, specifically 'Skyscraper Deco' -- despite the fact that LA had no skyscrapers until the 50's -- and the first big flush of Hollywood and the talkies.

So with 14 days and counting, I hit eBay and Michael's big time and, voila, I was quite pleased with the shadowbox I was able to produce.

Here, all-but-done (before putting behind the glass):
~'spin!~

Thumbnail by crystalspin
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Crafts and Decorating Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the new forum! Trish 17 Oct 5, 2009 12:23 AM
What a find!!! justmeLisa 37 Feb 24, 2009 8:26 AM
My Dream Catchers....for Zanymuse, et al roadrunner 32 Aug 26, 2008 2:29 AM
Christmas Spider instructions melody 42 Jan 20, 2010 12:54 AM
Very rare and old craft Dinu 55 Aug 9, 2007 11:43 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America