Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

May 20 blooms

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

My Erythronium 'Pagoda' are peaking now....not really alpines but low enough!

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Primula hirsuta in one of my troughs

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Lewisia pygmaea

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

first blloms on Veronica whitleyi....this one will keep blooming until frost

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Iris magnifica...a new purchase bought last fall

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

and a small scene from one of my rockeries...Aubretia and Tulipa tarda

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Love the Primula hirsuta, and the Veronica is very pretty. I have a Parahebe catarractae 'Delight' with similar but paler flowers, it has flowered well but this winter has killed most of it off, or the moles dug it up too much. They have excavated every square inch of my bank!

Your plants look like they have been there for 20 years, everything is so floriferous! I have a white Dutch iris that has been in the ground for 7 years and has just flowered again, a royal blue one has flowered a little more but not this year.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous Todd! In that first pic - what's the little primula on the left?

Tam

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Todd these a great. The veronica has masses of buds so I believe what you say about it flowering all summer. That photo of the lewisia is superb! I had a big clump pf E Pagoda and moved it last year and this year it didn't appear. I did the same with a big clump of a dactyhoriza too - same result - oh how I wish I'd left them alone!

(Zone 4a)

Beautiful!

I am after that lovely Veronica!

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

The little primula is P. frondosa...I divided it two years ago and now I have 3 nice clumps. Most farinosae group primula are short lived but I've had frondosa for 10 years. Better not let it know it should have died years ago!

My last Kabschia saxifrage just opened. Its called 'Dracula'. Rather pathetic with just a single blossom but hopefully it will perform better next year. Once it has faded, I'll have a few weeks before the encrusted saxs start to bloom.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.