Tried to paint pears!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

I subscribe to Watercolor mag, they had a pic in there that I just loved so I tried to do it in acrylics heres my first try!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Eufaula,

GOOD JOB! That looks great! I love to watch Donna Dewberry's show OneStroke Painting!!!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh LOrdy,Ive never been able to paint in her style! I try soooo hard to be a realistic painter but I always over do! Donnas style is more like a tole painting and I love it ! But trying to do it in a One Stroke fashion always made me nervous!
Thanks Aimee for the compliment!

I agree. I haven't tried to mimic her. Just like her style. I prefer realistic art, such as what you've done.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Thank you again, Ive been painting all my life and now Ive tried to become a stay at home artist! Its going well but I have so many projects going all the time I never know which thing needs to be tended first!
It takes a while to upload but here is another Ive been working on for a while, I wish I hadnt put the blackeyed susans in it but I did, so now Im trying to get a balance going!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

top of painting!

Thumbnail by Eufaula

I'm impressed! Did you take schooling in art or was it just a hobby all those years? You are very good with depth and all. I love to paint flowers, you can almost never mess up. I admire those who can paint humans, animals or architecture. SO hard!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey Aimee, sorry about last night! I fell asleep at the computer, Oh lord, I'm getting old! I had to laugh though because I'm always teasing my DH about falling asleep in his recliner! He said "Well at least I dont fall asleep while talking to some one!" LOL
No I never actually took lessons, but in the first grade I painted a silly picture,that my teacher thought was great! So she sent it in to a contest ,Im still fuzzy who sponsored it, probably the board of Ed., any way I won 2nd place in the state, and won a scholarship to art school in Savannah, and the Telfair! Oh it was just a small scholarship, 6 wks. But I remember it well and enjoyed ! My first exposure to the arts and variety envolved. It triggered a lifelong response! I suppose thats why I love all fields of art, and try my hand at them!

He doesn't fall asleep talking to someone....MAN, THAT is funny!!! ROFL.

I'm like you, not too much formal education in the arts but I just love working at it.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey Girl , and Good morning!! Yep right now I have two beading projects, an acrylic painting,a watercolor, A Leather regalia dress, A whole pile of gourds to clean and prep for painting and woodburning, and a room to paint( thinking about putting a mural on the wall)!
Now I just need time!!!!

Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

Whatcha mean tried? You did an absolutely beautiful job. As for the second painting you can always paint out the black eyed susans, or add more.
You are a very good artist and don't let anyone tell you different.
Sidney

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh My Goodness, thank you sidney! I appreciate your words, And I have thought about removing the flowers!

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

What cute pears! Great choice of color.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Eufaula,

I guess I am a "visitor" to this site. Spend a lot more timne on anything garden related....I am a garden-addict!

However, I am also one of those naturally gifted artists/crafters--I need it, I can make it. I can draw and I have also painted--but not for about 20 years. I still do "things" as I need for gifts and such. Most people consider me very creative and artistic. OK! Enough of the flag-waving....I am, basically, a very humble person.

I LOVE all the color play in your painting! I LOVE the trees and the stone and the serenity of it all. VERY, VERY beautiful!!! I mean it!

If you do not like the Susans, as Sidney said, you can paint over them. I DO love the one that hasn't quite opened yet and the smaller bloom. I can see where the 3 big, bold ones sort of get "in your face".

I could imagine a subdued Mountain Laurel or Rhododendron bloom here or there in that spot (as they like shade) since your painting is all "woodsy and shaded". Maybe you do not like the brightness and color of the B.E.S.'s because they are not a shade/woodsy plant and seem "out of place" with the rest of the scenery? They kind of "intrude" or "shock" the subdued calmness of the rest of the picture. What do you think?

Please, do not take this as any form of criticism! I am just trying to help you out with what "I see". Your artwork is beautiful!

I need to spend more time on this Forum!

Gita

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Awww,Gita, Thank you! I love getting other peoples perspective of my work! Yes you hit it on the head! Those "Susans" are just up to close and draw the eye away from the back ground! I played with the Idea of introducing another color group ,but was so afraid it would be too busy. But wound up overpowering with the yellow!

Thank you! Now let us see your own work ! Dont let your life long passion for art work go , bring it forward in your life and grow!! Never set aside something that makes you happy! Our Creator gave us each a passion for a particular talent, for a reason!!
(((E)))

Starkville, MS

Eufaula - just sticking my nose in here.

I agree that the susies in the foreground are too "in your face". The color actually works well with the background colors, but the scale doesn't work at all. Maybe try wiping out the ones in the front and strengthening the little ones by the post just a bit. It could make them a focal point to center on the beautiful road, but not not take away from the overall scale of the scene.
ginni

ps - you are very talented - don't give it up. My Mom, at 93 years old, still enjoys painting!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images