-
AuthorContent
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2006
2:55 PM

Post #2305473

I was asked to post this on this forum too. Hope you all enjoy it! Thanks for looking!

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2006
2:56 PM

Post #2305474

And another view of it.

Thumbnail by Marcy_1

balvenie
Marysville, WA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2006
3:44 PM

Post #2305608

Beautiful. really interesting addition to the garden.
Janett_D
Gamleby
Sweden
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2006
5:25 PM

Post #2305939

Marcy...I absolutly love it. A garden to the garden and its really a piece of art :0))
Janett
Moby
Lincoln, NE
(Zone 5b)

May 22, 2006
5:27 PM

Post #2305940

What do you have growing in your little garden?
tiffanya
Sumner, WA
(Zone 8a)

May 22, 2006
5:34 PM

Post #2305955

That is so cute!
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

May 23, 2006
3:39 AM

Post #2307833

Thank you Balvenie, Janett,and Tiffanya! Moby, I will have to check the tags. I know one is a dwarf Alberta Spruce...another is a dwarf barberry, ..and another is a dwarf geranium. Not sure what the other shrub is. I also have on the arbor...wire vines. Not sure about the tree either...however..I do know it is not a miniature. Just thought I would stick it in there and see how it did. I also put one little sweet allysum in the flower pot.
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2006
10:44 AM

Post #2308356

so cute~~ where did you find that little arbor
i just luv your lil garden!! sp cute!

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 23, 2006
2:02 PM

Post #2308876

Now that is just too unbelievabaly precious!! HHmmmmm Ideas going through my head!!
I have just got to try that ! You did a wonderful job!
((E))
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

May 23, 2006
4:35 PM

Post #2309381

Thank you NotMartha! I found the arbor at my favorite nursery, Meadowview in New Carlisle, Ohio. Also the watering cans and tools. I already had the little wheelbarrow..don't remember where I found it. Oh..and the birdbath and the birdhouse was at that nursery too!

Thank you also Eufaula. Welllllllll...get busy!!!! LOL!!
gardenergail
Bay, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2006
3:33 AM

Post #2311614

That is just TOO CUTE!!! Makes me wish I was a tiny little person!
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

May 24, 2006
2:44 PM

Post #2312519

Thank you gardenergail! I wish I could find some miniature people to put in there! Can't seem to find the right scale though. :(

Moby...here are the names of some of the plants in there.

On the arbor is: Muehlenbeckia complexa (wire vine)
Picea glauca 'Jean's Dilly' ..Dwarf Spruce
Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Tsukumo'..Dwarf Sawara Cypress
There is also a dwarf geranium...can't find the tag..sorry!
And also a small tree..Cornelian Cherry...which is not a dwarf...but just a small sprout that I had in a pot. Thought I would see how it would do in there.?? I can always pull it out.
Moby
Lincoln, NE
(Zone 5b)

May 25, 2006
1:33 AM

Post #2314353

Thanks ~ I'm colllecting a few plants for my mini/gnome garden. Here's one of my mini hosta.

Thumbnail by Moby

Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

May 25, 2006
3:46 AM

Post #2315004

Ohhh what a cute little hosta!!
Vee8ch
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 25, 2006
10:58 AM

Post #2315487

I love your miniature garden! I remember from grade school having to make a miniature project such as this. It was the most fun thing I ever did (Edited to say: It surely didn't look as good as yours does lol!). As an adult these miniatures still fascinate me and I've wanted to try it again for so many years. You encourage me!
Did you look at any Doll house suppliers for your mini people? ... vicki

This message was edited May 25, 2006 7:14 AM
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

May 25, 2006
3:54 PM

Post #2316205

Vee8ch...thank you! Noooooooo I didn't look to doll house suppliers...great idea!! There is a big craft shop near us...I will go there and look! Thanks much! And I hope you get busy and make one too! :)
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2006
3:18 PM

Post #2335296

Love it! I think you did a great job and really kept things in proportion to scale.
Great job.

Makes my imagination start pretending.

Where did you find that cute little fencing??
-T
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2006
7:43 PM

Post #2336218

Thank you Seedpicker! That was the hardest part..keeping to scale. Found lots of 'small' things..but not small enough.
I found the fencing...of all places...at JoAnn Fabrics store! They seem to have a lot of craft items there..but that was the only thing that would go into my miniature garden. Come on..get busy and make one!!! LOL!!
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2006
9:13 PM

Post #2336529

I want to!

Yours is the second one I've seen that I really liked, and it has me re-motivated!
maggiemoo
Conroe, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 1, 2006
7:47 PM

Post #2340576

HGTV had a special, I think it was last year, about people who have elaborate model train sets. Some of them ran outdoors, and your garden reminds me of those.They were very careful to plant things that would keep in scale with the trains, some of them had little villages, people, etc. You've done a great job!
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2006
8:44 PM

Post #2340735

Thank you Maggiemoo! You have just given me an idea..lol! I will go to a model train store and look at their miniatures!! Woohooo!!! Why didn't I think of that??????
And yes, I've been on 'garden walks' and have seen several of those model train gardens. My husband loves them!! They are made especially for the outdoors too.
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 4, 2007
3:00 PM

Post #3816664

Checking in on your mini garden...

I was curious how your mini geranium is doing...I had bought several of the mini geraniums(erodium 'flore pleno' doubles) and they are all now dead. :0( I guess they did not like it here, but I just loved them, & might have to try another one, once the weather gets cooler. We had a ton of rain this year, and I think the poor little fellas just drowned.

Also, have you tried any of the "stepables" for groundcover? They have some great stuff. The leptinella gruveri(spellling?) would look great, as would many others.

I did a miniature coffee table, and had fun with lots of minis. The elfin thyme and and mulligan mint did the best, as well as a few of the sedums.

I love your wheelbarrow. I bought a little birdbath and garden bench for mine.(not shown in this pic)

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX

Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

August 4, 2007
8:28 PM

Post #3817589

Hi Seedpicker_TX!
Guess what? My mini geranium died too, as did my mini barbary and the cypress too. In fact, I lost everything but the spruce and the sedums. We had a very strange early spring though. It got really warm here in March (unusual) and then plunged down to the single digits for two weeks after that. It killed a lot of stuff. I didn't replace anything this year, as I have been so busy with other garden things. But I do still have the mini garden there. Oh..I did replace the wire vine, but that was it.
I love your coffee table. It matches your pathway!! Great idea!
Hmmmm...I'm not sure what the stepables are??? I will have to look that up!
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 4, 2007
10:42 PM

Post #3817958

There is stepables:
http://stepables.com/

and Jeepers creepers:
http://www.jeeperscreepers.info/jeepers.html

Plus other sites, as well...they specialize in groundcovers. Many of these are miniatures :0)
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

August 5, 2007
1:47 AM

Post #3818503

Ok, I get it now...lol!! Thank you Seed! Nice websites for sure.
I went out and looked at my miniature garden tonight. Hmmm...I think it needs some serious work! We have been doing too much running around here lately, and not enough garden work! My whole front garden is a mess, and I didn't even realize it! How did that happen so fast, and with no rain either???????? Weeds everywhere!!! Looks like I better get busy!!
Degarotty
North Ipswich, Qld
Australia

August 25, 2007
7:33 AM

Post #3897987

Marcy_1,
I am a beginner and I am so empressed by your idea.
If only I could be that clever.
It is beautiful and quite unique!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Friend,

Debi
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

August 25, 2007
3:50 PM

Post #3898854

Well thank you very much Debi...and welcome to Dave's Garden!!
Of course you can be that clever!! Just copy mine...I don't mind! And you don't even have to tell anyone where you got the idea...hahahahaa!!! Doesn't bother me in the least.
It was fun to make...but this year has been the pitts here. NO rain all summer!!
So it was water..water..water. I am so tired of watering! Nothing really looks good now. Oh well..there is always next year...right?
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 1, 2008
4:57 PM

Post #5188054

So, Marcy!
It has been a while :0)

And, now in a new forum just for tiny gardens. How is yours doing?
-T
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2008
5:15 PM

Post #5188173

Hi seedpicker!
Ok..you had to ask! LOL! The old box that mine was in...collapsed. DH says he is gonna put a new bottom in it...but so far, he hasn't gotten around to it. So mine is on hold for now. I sure do miss it too.
Buttttttt...shhhhhh...don't tell him...but I been looking around for something else to use...lol!!!
I still love that one you did with the flagstones! Is it still doing ok??
Funny you should msg here, because I was just looking yesterday at your post on the ...hmmmm...was it trash to treasure forum?
Marcy
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 1, 2008
5:41 PM

Post #5188329

Sorry to hear it collapsed :o(

But, great excuse to make a new one :0)

Mine is doing alright, but is about to undergo reconstuction. The pan is holding up well, and so is the table, but the center ice plant was a mistake. It has swallowed up the entire display. I still have lots of tiny plants trying to survive under the vast ice plant, but they'll be much happier, when I remove it.

I'm kinda just waiting for some cash to fall in my lap, ha-ha...so I can buy some arbors and fencing, and accessories on some of these doll sites.

Then, it will get a makover and become a mini garden. It is also in the 100's right now, so not the best time to be planting tiny plants and alpines. I guess that Is why I did a few dish gardens... I wanted to get a little of it out of my system, lol...

Have you checked out the other mini gardens on this new forum? Maybe they will help you get your mini fix, until hubby builds you a new trough :0)
-T
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2008
6:34 PM

Post #5188610

Oh wow, Seed!! Thank you so much for this forum!! All of these mini gardens are wonderful!!
I will have to read all the threads when I have a little more time!!
And thank you for telling me about the forum. I hadn't seen it!!
Marcy
lilyhostaky
Flemingsburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2010
6:08 PM

Post #7634446

Pauletta...
lost my first post :(
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 16, 2010
7:04 PM

Post #7634586

Hey Pauletta..good to see you! I will have to look for my miniature garden pics. I have had computer issues since then...and no longer have the miniature garden either...but I will look for them. Thanks for thinking of me. Hope you are well?
lilyhostaky
Flemingsburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2010
7:16 PM

Post #7634614

I really liked your mini garden.
I am going to do some mini's this year, hopefully.
Everyone around here (family) has been sick with the crud...
My blood pressure has been 200/112 for 2 weeks
Dr. doubled 2 of my bp meds.
Hopefully it will go down soon...
You have some pics on this thread...
Pauletta
Sallysblooms
South, TX

March 16, 2010
8:28 PM

Post #7634783

Lilyhostaky. I am sorry to hear about your blood pressure! I hope you get better VERY soon. I have had issues with mine too for 9 months, getting better now.

Mercy, your little garden is just beautiful and peaceful!
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 17, 2010
10:15 AM

Post #7636123

wow Pauletta...that BP is high! I sure hope they get it down soon!
I take 2 BP meds, but so far, mine is under control.
I will post these pics over at the other site. A lot easier than looking for them..thanks.
I liked my miniature garden too...but the box it was in, rotted away...and I have never gotten back to making another one. Maybe someday I will again.
joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

March 21, 2010
5:20 PM

Post #7646367

Great mini garden Marcy_1,

I've never created a mini garden before. I'm making a mini Japanese Garden and going to put it on display at a local garden show on April 10 & 11. The container has to have blooms & branches.

This is what I have so far. I'm going to put 2 micro-mini roses (in place of fruit trees) and some Irish moss for grass. I also have a critter dish for a rock pond and also a Japanese garden bridge (for an aquarium) to add. I also thought I would put some white alyssum. Got some white sand for paths and some black smooth pebbles and a little budda dude. Anyways, not sure what the finished garden will look like, but if you have any ideas, let me know.

This message was edited Mar 21, 2010 6:22 PM

Thumbnail by joannabanana

joycerogers0713

joycerogers0713
Wiggins, MS
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2010
7:42 PM

Post #7646747

Hey joannabanana, I used light blue sand with some dark blue in the center to give the appearance of shallow and deep water in my fairy gardens. This was purchased from Hobby Lobby on line. Also lemon thyme has beautiful yellow and green verigated tiny foliage to add color. I've also used several mini azaleas for trees. Blooms are bright pink about the size of a pinky fingernail. Good luck and we want to see pics of your little garden. Joyce

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Tiny Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Miniature gardens delphiniumdiva 73 Jul 1, 2008 5:30 PM
Miniature Garden BassetMom 43 Jul 4, 2008 11:48 AM
Garden gnomes in their natural habitat. Pixydish 236 Mar 17, 2009 7:46 PM
Faries Anyone AFDolly 22 Jul 25, 2007 2:06 PM
Faerie Gardens! babybird 87 May 8, 2008 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America