Home made tiara/crown

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

A group of women (5) get together for b'days. I want to make a homemade b'day tiara or crown for the birthday girl to wear at her celebration. Any of you have an idea? I have not done any research on this. Gaudy and tacky all the better.

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

My mom made me one for a princess Halloween costume. Headband, crown cutout in cardboard glued on with lots of silver sequins and beads. Easy.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I will have to get a few headbands because you are the 2nd person to suggest starting w/ headband. thanks.

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Dollar stores are great for them. The thicker the better to attach the cardboard.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Anastasia, here is a pic of the ones I made for my Grands to play "Princess" with!

Silver and gold colored wire and all kinds of beads and pearls and whatever slipped on the wire and twist, add another bead and twist the wire, Add and twist , add and twist. Easy to do and fun!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

lucky grandchildren to have a g'ma like you.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Thank you Anastatia, but Im a packrat,and I have been crafting all my life! I have so much "Stuff",in my craft room that I Just,HAVE, to make things ! And Yes My grands get to reap the benefits a lot of the time , 'cause no body else would have the"stuff" I make! LOL
I will buy tacky beaded and sequined dresses and blouses from the thrift store so I can save the beads and sequins. Im in heaven when I find a $5.00, torn ,Wedding Dress,thats covered with beads pearls and tulle and lace!! Whoooeeee!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images