Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Idiopath
Austin, TX

June 7, 2006
9:58 PM

Post #2363577

I sent an order to Alplains a few weeks ago, and haven't gotten anything yet. For those of you who have dealt with Alplains before, is this normal for them? I sent an email to make sure they received the order, and haven't gotten a response yet. I'm a little perplexed, as Garden Watchdog had nothing but rave reviews for them.

Edit: Still no response to my emails. This company is terrible. I have no idea why they've gotten all positives.

This message was edited Jun 10, 2006 6:02 PM

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 11, 2006
1:11 AM

Post #2376048

I've not ordered from them but I have purchased plants they've brought to events I've attended.

Any update?
Tam
Idiopath
Austin, TX

June 12, 2006
1:06 AM

Post #2379686

Still no response. I'll update if/when I hear from them.
Ally_UT
Central, UT
(Zone 5b)

June 12, 2006
8:52 PM

Post #2382707

They have always been very prompt in responding when I've e-mailed them. But I order my seed in the late winter/early spring. It seems like I read somewhere in their cataloge that they take some time off during the summer to collect seed. Perhaps this is why they've not responded.
Idiopath
Austin, TX

June 13, 2006
4:41 PM

Post #2385990

Huh, maybe so. But I don't remember seeing that in the catalog. I was wondering if it was something like that, so I checked, and it says they ship year-round. Maybe it's really "year round except for a few weeks in early summer."

I ordered the catalog by email shortly before ordering the seeds. So I'd think that if that was the case, then when they sent the catalog, someone could've emailed me back saying they wouldn't be around for a while.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Rock and Alpine Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
New hillside garden Tammy 88 Jul 27, 2010 6:54 AM
A arisaema sikokianum seedling Tammy 12 May 23, 2007 1:14 AM
Merry Christmas Galanthophile 40 Dec 29, 2007 6:21 PM
NARGS Seed Exchange! Tammy 67 Mar 13, 2007 7:08 AM
Hydrogen peroxide for germination taramark 6 Mar 5, 2007 10:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America